• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Slow movement after MC game patch
02-17-2013, 05:39 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-17-2013, 06:06 PM by Lowlander.)
RE: Slow movement after MC game patch
(02-17-2013, 03:10 PM)Ricky B Wrote: Okay, just to try and shine some light on the situation here, with ME'67. The latest released patch that I see if from more than 4 years ago. So this wouldn't appear to be from the recent changes being implemented in some of the other patches. Or am I missing something?

Rick

Mideast'67 v1.07 released 8th Feb.

Another small point. I have learned over the years to unzip any patch into a temp folder first before carefully, manually dragging and dropping the files across, as I don't want to overwrite any installed custom art Mods.
Quote this message in a reply
02-17-2013, 09:05 PM,
Thank you all for the replies!

I will check the old thread.

(Actually I have XP that has not been updated since years; I do not even have Internet connection on the computer that I use for these games. When I unzipped the ME67 patch I chose owerwrite one by one, so I skipped the modified graphics files.)

Some solution must exist, if nothing else works I will contact the support team.
02-17-2013, 11:29 PM,
Peter I had XP until late 2012, if you have Nvideo graphics then updated drivers were available.
Could a friend, family member or workmate download them onto a disc for you.
02-18-2013, 12:10 AM,
(02-17-2013, 05:39 PM)Lowlander Wrote:
(02-17-2013, 03:10 PM)Ricky B Wrote: Okay, just to try and shine some light on the situation here, with ME'67. The latest released patch that I see if from more than 4 years ago. So this wouldn't appear to be from the recent changes being implemented in some of the other patches. Or am I missing something?

Rick

Mideast'67 v1.07 released 8th Feb.

Another small point. I have learned over the years to unzip any patch into a temp folder first before carefully, manually dragging and dropping the files across, as I don't want to overwrite any installed custom art Mods.
Ah, thanks for that - I knew there was at least a prospective new patch out there so I was a bit surprised by the date I was seeing. FYI for all reading this, I go to johntillersoftware.com to check for the latest updates, since it has both the John Tiller updates directly, and links to HPS for those games. However, now I see that the link to the Modern Campaign updates is to an old page - HPS changed the name for the MC updates very slightly and left the old page up so it appears to be working fine.

I will drop JTS a line about updating their link so others don't miss out on the latest like I did. Oops :whis:.

And as to the subject then, best to notify support so the issue can be narrowed down and resolved - this explains why they release them early for beta testing but with so many configurations not everything is found beforehand, but the more eyes on the patches the more likely things get fixed before official release.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
02-18-2013, 09:02 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-18-2013, 09:06 PM by Keller.)
(02-17-2013, 11:29 PM)Lowlander Wrote: Peter I had XP until late 2012, if you have Nvideo graphics then updated drivers were available.
Could a friend, family member or workmate download them onto a disc for you.
I updated the drivers but it did not help. (GF9600). I think this is not an option.
(02-17-2013, 09:05 PM)Peter Szabo Wrote: Thank you all for the replies!

I will check the old thread.

(Actually I have XP that has not been updated since years; I do not even have Internet connection on the computer that I use for these games. When I unzipped the ME67 patch I chose owerwrite one by one, so I skipped the modified graphics files.)

Some solution must exist, if nothing else works I will contact the support team.
Worth a try. If you solve this problem please write in this thread.
02-19-2013, 01:20 AM,
Following a suggestion from the old thread, I reduced hardware acceleration (plus fiddled with color resolution). As a result, the speed of the game improved, yet this is still slower than before the game patch. I will likely write an e-mail to the support team.
02-19-2013, 06:47 AM,
(02-19-2013, 01:20 AM)Peter Szabo Wrote: I will likely write an e-mail to the support team.

Always a good idea, they cannot deal with issues unless players report them. Smile
02-19-2013, 03:33 PM,
Click 'Alternative Scrolling' under the settings menu and see if the speed improves...
02-22-2013, 03:08 AM,
(02-19-2013, 03:33 PM)Strela Wrote: Click 'Alternative Scrolling' under the settings menu and see if the speed improves...
Has anyone tested this solution? I have no effect. Everything as it was.
02-22-2013, 06:45 PM,
OK, try this

Press and hold down the windows key, bottom row 3rd from left and press the " r " key.
In the dialog box select " browse ".
Scroll/click thro to your Mideast'67 HPS folder, and open it.
Now double click on the Mideast67 icon, this should be the EXE file.
Then in the dialog box click run.

The game will start, check it out.
Not saying this will help your problem but sometimes it's the simple solutions which work best.