• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Slow movement after MC game patch
02-15-2013, 10:43 PM,
Help  Slow movement after MC game patch
I am sure this has been already discussed here, but I am unable to find the old thread:

After updating an MC game (ME '67 in this case) using the latest patch, I am experiencing a significant slowdown in the game graphics (both movement and fire). It does not make the game quite unplayable but it's rather annoying as I got previously used to a faster pace.

Did any of you experience a similar effect? Do you have any idea how to improve the speed of the patched game?

Thanks in advance:
Peter
Quote this message in a reply
02-16-2013, 12:20 AM,
RE: Slow movement after MC game patch
Check the drop down menu under A/I.
Make sure the " fast A/I processing is ticked ".

Hope this helps.
02-16-2013, 09:28 PM,
I ticked fast AI processing, unfortunately there is no visible improvement.

The slowdown is felt during the active player phase, while I guess fast AI will speed up the AI/replay phase.
02-17-2013, 12:48 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-17-2013, 01:27 AM by JackHud.)
There was a discussion in this thread on this issue https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=60181. Solutions I have found. Following the latest patches have panzer campaigns slow that you have described. It looks like it's slowing down and added the modern campaigns. A very bad trend.
02-17-2013, 01:25 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-17-2013, 01:27 AM by Lowlander.)
Some people seem to be having problems whilst most are OK, would like to be able to offer a solution but read the posts contained in the link by JackHud.
Again when was the last time you updated you O/S drivers etc.
Find the make and exact model number of your PC, and visit the makers home page and manually use the info to search for updates for your system.
Get all the driver and graphic updates.

02-17-2013, 01:44 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-17-2013, 01:45 AM by JackHud.)
Before the patch everything works well. After the patch is bad. The point is not in the drivers or computer. The case and the problems in the new update. Previously, these problems were not.
02-17-2013, 02:52 AM,
Maybe I've lost the plot but was'nt the whole idea of a patch to add enhancements and account for newer operating systems I.E windows 98 and XP to windows 7 and 8.

Every game works OK before and after I installed the various game patches, but then again I also installed any patches and upgrades for my PC.

Also is your install C/HPS/ME'67.

Hope this helps because I'm glad I don't have these problems.
02-17-2013, 03:04 AM,
I'm glad you do not have problems but there are those who have them.
(02-17-2013, 02:52 AM)Lowlander Wrote: Maybe I've lost the plot but was'nt the whole idea of a patch to add enhancements and account for newer operating systems I.E windows 98 and XP to windows 7 and 8.
Maybe just because of the support 7 and 8, and is slowing down? I myself have XP.
(02-15-2013, 10:43 PM)Peter Szabo Wrote: I am sure this has been already discussed here, but I am unable to find the old thread:

After updating an MC game (ME '67 in this case) using the latest patch, I am experiencing a significant slowdown in the game graphics (both movement and fire). It does not make the game quite unplayable but it's rather annoying as I got previously used to a faster pace.

Did any of you experience a similar effect? Do you have any idea how to improve the speed of the patched game?

Thanks in advance:
Peter
You have XP?

02-17-2013, 03:21 AM,
(02-15-2013, 10:43 PM)Peter Szabo Wrote: I am sure this has been already discussed here, but I am unable to find the old thread:

Thanks in advance:
Peter
Try to write to the developers. Maybe it's the only way. I also noticed some slowdown but in Stalingrad (PC).

02-17-2013, 03:10 PM,
Okay, just to try and shine some light on the situation here, with ME'67. The latest released patch that I see if from more than 4 years ago. So this wouldn't appear to be from the recent changes being implemented in some of the other patches. Or am I missing something?

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]