• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Strange problem with Korsun '44
11-09-2011, 09:05 AM,
Strange problem with Korsun '44
I just updated the game to the newest version 1.9 and now I am having issues with it playing very slowly. Anyone else had this issue or might know of a possible solution? Never had such a problem with a PZC game before. I run Windows XP.

Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2011, 09:49 AM,
RE: Strange problem with Korsun '44
What parts, specifically, seem to be slower, and when? JT made a graphics update that made movement of units, especially with reachable hexes on, noticeably and measurably slower for me, that is probably in all the recently updated games, anyway. But that is it, and even then we are talking something like 1.5 sec to move a unit a long distance vs .9 with the old code. I don't even notice it now - it was a forced change due to nVidia graphics issues, I believe.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
11-09-2011, 09:59 AM,
Everything is slow....selecting a unit, moving and firing. It's a big enough delay that it has deterred me from starting a scenario with an opponent I just found.
11-09-2011, 10:22 AM,
Your best bet would be to report it to HPS Sims customer support. There is a link here: http://www.hpssims.com/Pages/Problems/webhelp.html

Be sure to provide your hardware specs - CPU, RAM and video card would be good.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
11-09-2011, 07:56 PM,
The problem can be fixed by reducing your hardware acceleration down one notch.

For XP, go to the desktop, right click and select 'Properties'. Then click the 'settings' tab and then the 'Advanced' button. Select the 'Troubleshoot' tab and if your Hardware acceleration is on Full move it down one notch.

This fixed the problem for me.

David
11-10-2011, 03:31 AM,
Worked fine! Thanks!
11-10-2011, 09:29 AM,
(11-09-2011, 09:49 AM)Ricky B Wrote: JT made a graphics update that made movement of units, especially with reachable hexes on, noticeably and measurably slower for me, that is probably in all the recently updated games, anyway. But that is it, and even then we are talking something like 1.5 sec to move a unit a long distance vs .9 with the old code. I don't even notice it now - it was a forced change due to nVidia graphics issues, I believe.
Rick,
I have the same slow reachable hexes feature issue, i hoped David's idea would help with that but i made the change and it had no effect, so maybe Vincent's issue was completely different?

As you say the units move just a little slower.
11-10-2011, 09:48 AM,
Foul,

Move it two notches and see if that makes a difference....

David
11-10-2011, 09:51 AM,
The game is at an appropriate speed with all but the movement. But the delay is slight and tolerable.
11-10-2011, 01:49 PM,
Just wanted to update. I tryed turning off hardware acceleration completely and it seems to eliminate all lag, including with movement. However after playing around a bit I noticed there is still a delay with firing, enough to be a frusturation.

I also noticed the same issue with version 1.9 of Bulge '44. This is rather frusturating..1.8 works great.