• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

This post for Cold War download!!
10-17-2022, 06:41 PM,
RE: This post for Cold War download!!
(10-17-2022, 04:40 AM)Warhorse Wrote:
(10-14-2022, 06:31 PM)Verdun1916 Wrote: This seems to be an interesting mod!
Is it still avalible?

This is what I have, IIRC, unzip into the John tillers Campaign Series folder, it will make it's own folder Cold War.

Cold War Final

Thank you Mike! It looks awesome!
Quote this message in a reply
10-18-2022, 05:13 AM,
So I've tried the mod out and it looks awesome! However I ran into an error or bug almost immediatly.
I tried out the French Foreign Legion campaign and where I tageted an enemy unit for an airstrike. But when my next turn began and said airstrike took place I got an error message dialog saying "Failiure to create bitmap surface... SP08512.bit". And once I had cklicked OK on the error message dialog Windows told me that the program had ceased to work and the game crashed to desktop.

Is this an known issue?

Another funny thing is after installing the previously mentioned DirectPlay to get the World War One mod to work the background colour in the game menu at the top of the screen, including all the tabs and dialog windows have turned light brown for both mods. And not just for the mods, but for the rest of my JTS Campaign Series games and all my other JTS/WDS titles aswell. Plus in the top screen search window and all the clickable tabs of my Firefox web browser.
01-28-2023, 05:42 AM,
(10-17-2022, 04:40 AM)Warhorse Wrote:
(10-14-2022, 06:31 PM)Verdun1916 Wrote: This seems to be an interesting mod!
Is it still avalible?

This is what I have, IIRC, unzip into the John tillers Campaign Series folder, it will make it's own folder Cold War.

Cold War Final

Thanks a lot for this download but with this one, I have a bug with it. when launching a scenario, there is no display of the map and units but only the UI. The mod was working with one of the previous download link. Any idea ?
Thanks !
02-01-2023, 12:34 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-01-2023, 12:35 PM by Sean.)
I got the Mod game to start by using the
cw.exe .
I made a shortcut and put that on my desktop.

However if I save a scenario using Battle.btl I think ,how do I load this save?
Since when I start using cw.exe ,it woants to open a .scn file ?

It must be something I am missing ,I have not played this game in a while and in vanilla game ,it has option to resume a saved game from memory. What do I do here?
02-01-2023, 01:42 PM,
(02-01-2023, 12:34 PM)Barly Wrote: I got the Mod game to start by using the
cw.exe .
I made a shortcut and put that on my desktop.

However if I save a scenario using Battle.btl I think ,how do I load this save?
Since when I start using cw.exe ,it woants to open a .scn file ?

It must be something I am missing ,I have not played this game in a while and in vanilla game ,it has option to resume a saved game from memory. What do I do here?

I just downloaded it for the first time. If you saved the game as a .btl, then I assume you're playing a campaign game versus the AI? If so, when you open the game again you click the same campaign game button, then "resume game". Next screen "resume mission".

I played a couple of turns. For some reason I couldn't pick my side versus the AI. I ended my turn and found I was playing the other side too. 

If the game wants to load a .scn file, you didn't click the campaign button, I think. You must have chosen "Play scenario" instead. Anyway, that's my guess.

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
02-01-2023, 01:59 PM,
Thanks for your reply.
I am still confused though.

How did you start the mod game?
Did you click on cw.exe or did you start it some other way?
02-01-2023, 06:51 PM,
I worked it out.
I had to type "Battle" or even "Bat" in the search box when I open a Scenario after starting the Mod using "cw.exe".
This then lists files with a similar name.
This gives the option to pick "Battle.btl" my save file.

Even though the bottom prompt still lists ".scn" files it does load my save.

I am still curious though ,is the only way to start this Mod by using "cw.exe" ,as in the vanilla game has a game launcher called "autorun.exe" in contrast to start off a game?
02-02-2023, 12:02 AM,
I have to go in the folder and double click the exe file named Cold War. It doesn't start a campaign. But, I don't remember if it even has one. Scenarios start fine.
02-03-2023, 01:08 PM,
(02-01-2023, 06:51 PM)Barly Wrote: I worked it out.
I had to type  "Battle" or even "Bat" in the search box when I open a Scenario after starting the Mod using "cw.exe".
This then lists files with a similar name.
This gives the option to pick "Battle.btl"  my save file.

Even though the bottom prompt still lists ".scn" files it does load my save.

I am still curious though ,is the only way to start this Mod by using "cw.exe" ,as in the vanilla game has a game launcher called "autorun.exe"  in contrast to start off a game?

cw.exe is the start file.

autorun.exe is a file used when burning the game to a CD/DVD. The CD player will "see" that file, read it, and launch the game. If you change its name to autorun.txt and open it, you can see the code pointing it to launch the start file, which could be anything.

A bit of history: Autoruns became a bit of a nightmare since they could use them to launch viruses. That's why corporations especially told employees to turn off the auto-launch feature for their CD/DVD players.
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
02-03-2023, 01:40 PM,
I never knew that Scud, you da man!! Big Grin2