• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

02-02-2013, 11:33 PM,
Opponent Needed  Newbie
Just recently bought CMBN & CW expansion, looking to attempt to play online although unsure on how to go about that, as well as don't know anyone that has the game.

Would anybody want to introduce a newbie to the multiplier scene as well as have a few games?

*I'm not an armchair general, so don't expect a high level of tactical gameplay, with that being said I'm not entirely incompetent*

I have drop box yet never really used that either, as well as I'm unfamiliar on how the mechanics work for multiplier meaning, sending each other games and where they go.

As I implied this is my very first time playing online, and I only got the game a few days ago! But I played the demo for a while so I'm capable of manoeuvring and the actual game mechanics.

Final bit of information, I would be able to play often, as I do nothing else really than play games. And I prefer the German Army but don't mind playing as the British and finally I'm GMT United Kingdom.
Quote this message in a reply
02-03-2013, 04:47 AM,
RE: Newbie
(02-02-2013, 11:33 PM)mcgarvey Wrote: Just recently bought CMBN & CW expansion, looking to attempt to play online although unsure on how to go about that, as well as don't know anyone that has the game.

Would anybody want to introduce a newbie to the multiplier scene as well as have a few games?

*I'm not an armchair general, so don't expect a high level of tactical gameplay, with that being said I'm not entirely incompetent*

I have drop box yet never really used that either, as well as I'm unfamiliar on how the mechanics work for multiplier meaning, sending each other games and where they go.

As I implied this is my very first time playing online, and I only got the game a few days ago! But I played the demo for a while so I'm capable of manoeuvring and the actual game mechanics.

Final bit of information, I would be able to play often, as I do nothing else really than play games. And I prefer the German Army but don't mind playing as the British and finally I'm GMT United Kingdom.

I'll send you an invite through mail, with a scenario.
2 reasons for a scenario :
- CMBN 2.0 has currently a bug that complicates the setup of turn by turn QBs
- this reduces the complications of the setup phase

on the other hand, many scenarios are somewhat frustrating because the limitations of the tactical AI forces the scenario creator to somewhat railroad the players. This is not a problem for a first game, I think.

more informations on dropbox / H2H in the mail.

Michel.

02-03-2013, 05:29 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-03-2013, 05:47 AM by mcgarvey.)
Quote:I'll send you an invite through mail, with a scenario.
2 reasons for a scenario :
- CMBN 2.0 has currently a bug that complicates the setup of turn by turn QBs
- this reduces the complications of the setup phase

on the other hand, many scenarios are somewhat frustrating because the limitations of the tactical AI forces the scenario creator to somewhat railroad the players. This is not a problem for a first game, I think.

more informations on dropbox / H2H in the mail.

Michel.

I appreciate that, although I think I will need to update my game then to 2.0 as it is currently sitting at 1.11 I can't imagine it taking long however. So send me an email then so we can get started, been really wanting to play since I realised there was a way to play online, so I'm looking forward to it!
02-04-2013, 05:08 AM,
If you want to avoid the 2.0 issues and stick with 1.11 then I would be up for a game.
02-04-2013, 07:27 AM,
Feel free to send a setup my way too. 2.00 or 1.11,i have both.
My email is [email protected] (can be used for dropbox,too).
Send this user an email
02-04-2013, 07:54 AM,
Welcome to the Blitz. Big Grin
02-04-2013, 09:17 AM,
(02-04-2013, 05:08 AM)Wicked Pete Wrote: If you want to avoid the 2.0 issues and stick with 1.11 then I would be up for a game.

Yeah I'll be up for that cheers, I'll send you an email to see if your still interested!
02-06-2013, 02:54 AM,
Email sent