• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

game crash at 5% V2.0 ***Got it working***
01-19-2013, 12:12 AM,
RE: game crash at 5% V2.0
You have to rename the map in the scenario editor.
Open the scenario editor, select the load option(up left corner of the screen) then open the ''quick battles maps'' folder,choose the map u want to change the name press the save button(up left corner of the screen)and add a letter at the end
For examplle map Asslt Large City QB-233 will be Asslt Large City QB-233C .(it might work if you change the whole name but i dont know)
Then when choosing the map in which to fight your QB choose the one you have altered the name.
Quote this message in a reply
01-19-2013, 02:46 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-19-2013, 04:45 AM by Weasel.)
Yes, I did that, so it is just V2 being N/S
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
01-19-2013, 04:00 AM,
Email from Battlefront
They said V2.01 is about to be released. Hopefully after a month of owning 2.0 I will actually get to play it.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
01-19-2013, 04:07 AM,
(01-19-2013, 02:46 AM)Weasel Wrote: Yes, I did that, so it is just V2 being total crap.
For me it's working ok and i have multiple PBEM games going.
If you still have the 2.0 installed i can send you a set up.
01-19-2013, 04:41 AM,
I am envious of you guys that have been able to get 2.0 to work and I truly wish it had worked for me with no problems but man what a headache.

Are you running windows 7? Also are you using ATI or Nvidia graphics? I wonder if it is the graphics card if you are not using ATI, which is what I am using. Just seems so strange that so many can't get it to run while others can.

And now in my 1.11 install I can't see my opponents incoming turn anymore, but I think he may have installed 2.0 on top of his 1.11.

I don't have 2.0 installed, but it is simple to copy over 1.11 and dump the 2.0 file on. So if you wish to try that is fine but the C thing did not work in two QB games I tried.
01-19-2013, 06:32 AM,
I m running XP and my graphic card is NVIDIA G Force 9600M.
As for you not seeing your opponent's turns it is cause he is running a different version(most probably 2.0)
01-19-2013, 07:21 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-19-2013, 07:22 AM by Weasel.)
Yeah, he dropped 2.0 into the middle of our 1.11 game.

XP and Nvidia and I am running 7 and ATI - HMMMMM.
01-19-2013, 09:56 PM,
i have version 2.0 with the same crash problems.

so i chose a map and renamed it. but when i start a QB i can't see the map.

I'm more than a little annoyed with this game now...
01-20-2013, 12:28 AM,
(01-19-2013, 09:56 PM)Mr Yormsha (FGM) Wrote: i have version 2.0 with the same crash problems.

so i chose a map and renamed it. but when i start a QB i can't see the map.

I'm more than a little annoyed with this game now...
Rename the map in the editor and then save the ''new'' map
01-20-2013, 12:28 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-20-2013, 12:32 AM by Compass Rose.)
As I follow this mess unfold, it makes me very thankful that I play John Tiller HPS and JTS games, since they would never ever pull anything like this on there customers and game owners.

Too bad you guys can't get together a boycott their games and/or any new releases. If you don't like the way they do business and the way they treat you, hurt them where it would hurt the most, in their sales!

Since I am not a CMx2 game owner, I had an idea that I wanted to mention to you guys. Is there any way you can uninstall your game and reinstall it up to the last good working update? Idea

I know that this will not help you out in getting what you paid for in that lousy 2.0 add-on update however, at least you guys could play your game and not have to jump through hoops to try and create your own work-around.

Soap Box