• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

game crash at 5% V2.0 ***Got it working***
01-14-2013, 06:50 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-22-2013, 06:26 AM by Weasel.)
Feedback Needed  game crash at 5% V2.0 ***Got it working***
Is no one else here getting the game crash at 5% load, am I the only one? I went to the BF forum and they are "working on it and it will be out in the next patch and to just play 1.11 for now". WTF is up with that answer, how about they return my $10 too.

Has anyone had this and fixed it?
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
Quote this message in a reply
01-14-2013, 07:24 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-14-2013, 07:25 AM by cargol.)
RE: game crash at 5% V2.0
Rename the map name in the editor, for example map: Asslt Large City QB-233.btt rename it as
Asslt Large City QB-233C.btt (add a letter at the end) then when choosing the map choose the one you have renamed and you ll have no problem at all.
01-14-2013, 07:36 AM,
Hi Cargol; I saw your post on the BF forum too, just tried it. Really rather annoying isn't it, I submitted a work ticket to BF anyway just so they don't sit on their hands, this should be a hotfix, not a "wait until next patch" thing which could be eight months away. It also screws me in that I like using random map pick too.

Do you know if my opponent created the game if we would have the same problem?
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
01-14-2013, 08:12 AM,
Hi Weasel,if your opponent created the game and didnt follow this procedure the game will crash at 5% load.It is annoying but i think sooner rather than later they ll fix it.
01-14-2013, 12:45 PM,
I created the games, they were done the day I bought 2.0. I think BF has fallen into the Ubisoft school of get it out fast and fix it later, that way we get your money.
01-14-2013, 05:25 PM,
If i knew about this bug i wouldn't have bought the 2.00 upgrade,but waited until MG. BFC really screwed up this one. How was it possible,i wonder,for all those testers to miss something obvious like this?
In effect you can't create a QB and let the system pick a random map,cargol's workaround wouldn't work in this case,no?
Send this user an email
01-14-2013, 07:05 PM,
(01-14-2013, 05:25 PM)raz_atoth Wrote: If i knew about this bug i wouldn't have bought the 2.00 upgrade,but waited until MG. BFC really screwed up this one. How was it possible,i wonder,for all those testers to miss something obvious like this?
In effect you can't create a QB and let the system pick a random map,cargol's workaround wouldn't work in this case,no?
It could work if you replace all the maps with the renamed maps but that will take some time to be done
01-15-2013, 04:55 AM,
(01-14-2013, 07:05 PM)cargol Wrote:
(01-14-2013, 05:25 PM)raz_atoth Wrote: If i knew about this bug i wouldn't have bought the 2.00 upgrade,but waited until MG. BFC really screwed up this one. How was it possible,i wonder,for all those testers to miss something obvious like this?
It could work if you replace all the maps with the renamed maps but that will take some time to be done

You mean for me to go in and rename every map in my install with a C? Yeah, not going to happen I am afraid but you are correct, it is a work around.

I just hate paying for things that don't work, I look at it as this: if you bought a car and they said it was a six speed but you only get first gear unless you drive in reverse first, but you can always drive your old car until they fix it sometime in the future, you would tell them to get stuffed. But it seems that because this is only a $10 item it is ok.
01-18-2013, 06:28 AM,
(01-14-2013, 05:25 PM)raz_atoth Wrote: If i knew about this bug i wouldn't have bought the 2.00 upgrade,but waited until MG. BFC really screwed up this one.

+1 to that. Even without the QB crash, the crew served weapons with wondering crew members bug is much worse in 2.0. I have multiple British mortar crews doing odd things just jogging through tall grass.

(01-14-2013, 05:25 PM)raz_atoth Wrote: How was it possible,i wonder,for all those testers to miss something obvious like this?

Short answer: some change came late that caused the problem and the testing that was done on the final build did not cover all the bases.

It shows all the signs of an development process that does not put enough emphasis on quality. Since there are multiple ways to play the game (WEGO, RT, PBEM, hot seat, network, Quick battles, scenarios etc. - and all the combinations there of) every build they produce should the run through some basic "does it all run without crashing" tests before any one in QC even gets to see the build. Usually the desire is to automate those test but they do not have to be.

Any way I suggested that this kind of thing would help on the forums and was soundly dismissed. Even when I pointed out they would have caught the barbed wire bug and the 5% QB crash bug. Sigh.
01-18-2013, 07:27 AM,
(01-14-2013, 07:05 PM)cargol Wrote:

The map renaming thing did not work for me. Now only I renamed my map, does my opponent who is P2 have to rename his too?