• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Tank gunnery
01-13-2013, 11:26 PM,
Tank gunnery
Do tanks ever miss in CMBN?? Seems like everyone has a Balthasar Woll in the turret.
"A bad plan is still better than no plan at all." -- Mikhail Tal

[Image: pzV.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
01-14-2013, 03:18 AM,
RE: Tank gunnery
Load a battle where you have a sole remaining tank which is just about to engage your opponent's last remaining tank and i guarantee it'll miss Big Grin2 Happens to me each and every time Big Grin

Seriously,i've seen tanks missing their targets. Not very often,but it happens.
As a rough figure i'd say an AFV has about 95% chance to score a hit.

From what i read on the BFC forums this is consistent (or at least so they claim) with the actual figures on the battlefield. Seems like gunners rarely missed at the ranges at which armor engagements usually take place in CMx2. If this statement is true or not is beyond by meager knowledge on the matter Smile
Send this user an email
01-14-2013, 08:05 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-14-2013, 08:05 PM by Siffo998.)
(01-13-2013, 11:26 PM)Jobu88 Wrote: Do tanks ever miss in CMBN?? Seems like everyone has a Balthasar Woll in the turret.

simply use engagement ranges of 1000m+ and it will take 3-6 shots until a enemy tank is hit.(also depends on the skill level). i`ve ran a truckload of tests and it seems like the AP accuracy ingame now is pretty realistic.
most Cm2 maps are very small and therefore the engagement ranges for tanks are often under 500m.
i`ve played steel fury (realistic ww2 pzIV vs t34 tank simulation by graviteam) a lot, and at these short ranges you do not even have to adjust the gunsight. so a hit is scored at around 90%.
heres a interesting site it has some info about the accuracy of the tiger:
http://www.fprado.com/armorsite/tiger1.htm
even though a 100% hitrate at under 500m seems a bit excessive, the site gives a rather good understanding of how effective this tanks were.
01-15-2013, 06:17 AM,
Speaking from experience, my M4 had a close range side shot at Cargol's PzV. I missed and that was the last shot my M4 ever took.
01-15-2013, 01:10 PM,
I haven't experimented at longer ranges, but in each of the games I've set up I hardly ever saw a tank or armored car miss, at ranges up to maybe 700 meters. I'm sure my CMx1 experience colors my expectations --- who hasn't had their CMx1 tank get the first shot in at 110 meters only to miss short by 5 meters and then die when the alerted enemy fires back?
"A bad plan is still better than no plan at all." -- Mikhail Tal

[Image: pzV.jpg]
01-17-2013, 04:04 AM,
I am in agreement with Siffo998. I've seen plenty of misses from tanks. But, those misses will depend of range; longer range, more misses. Weather like mist, haze etc. or is the battlefield clear? Time of day is another factor. Night time? Clear day time, dusk, dawn? Good shooting position is another factor.