• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Vehicles crossing a bridge ???
01-13-2013, 02:50 AM,
Vehicles crossing a bridge ???
Has anyone else experienced this? And what is the fix for it?

Playing the Huzzar scenario as the Germans vs AI. One of my small halftracks reached the bridge that is the main objective. "60 ton bridge." I gave him orders to Hunt across to the other side. He promptly went off the bridge into the river where he is now hopelessly stranded half in - half out of the water on the steep riverbank.

His companion halftrack at least made it onto the bridge, but he had a hell of a time despite a nice straight waypoint, he bounced off each side of the bridge like a drunk walking down a narrow hallway.

And for both of them, the game REFUSED to let me plot a waypoint on the far side of the bridge. If I clicked on a spot 100 yards over the bridge, the waypoint marker would show up on the bridge.

All of this was even more puzzling after several of my armored cards made it across a different bridge with no issues.
"A bad plan is still better than no plan at all." -- Mikhail Tal

[Image: pzV.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
01-13-2013, 03:13 AM,
RE: Vehicles crossing a bridge ???
Funny enough i've experienced the exact same thing when i played Huzzar as the axis. One of my halftracks 'fell' from the bridge and couldn't be used afterwards. The other vehicles managed to cross it just fine. Seems like bridges are still a little buggy,unfortunately.

Zoom to level 1 when plotting waypoints near bridges.You'll be able to place the waypoint quite close to it this way.

Send this user an email
01-19-2013, 04:21 AM,
There are a few issues with bridges at the moment. Both with navigating them and selecting units near them. I have not had much luck with @raz_atoth's method. What I do is this: get the camera high level 4 or so and then flip the view so it is looking directly down. From on high you can select any unit you like and set way points as you like. Now the other rule for crossing bridges set a way point near one end of the bridge. Then set another on the other side of the bridge. Do not stop on the bridge and do not set any way points on the bridge.

A friend of mine recently posted http://www.battlefront.com/community/sho...ost1416963 to the BFC forum complaining about the same kind of thing.
01-27-2013, 06:15 AM,
I had a stuart fall next to the bridge. It was able to back out. I used it afterwards.
Send this user an email