• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

EF FWWC
01-01-2013, 02:32 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-01-2013, 02:47 PM by Hoplite.)
RE: EF FWWC
My choice would be definitely a game about Caucasus Campaigns in WW1. Especially representing one of the tragic battles of Sarıkamish. Winter attrition and huge mistakes in command chain.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Sarikamish

One of the most devastating battles that it was forbidden to talk about that battle for some time in history books..

Now I hope/wish I see the day this title ever will be developed.Smile
Quote this message in a reply
01-01-2013, 03:59 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-01-2013, 04:01 PM by -72-.)
I can't get my head around how an East Prussian 1914 campaign would work without a radical reworking of the command control rules -if the Russian 1st and 2nd Armies are allowed to act in concert- then there should be little chance of the Germans winning.

If they are not allowed to work in concert in a predictable manner, then there probably isn't going to be any way that the Germans would lose. (However you probably wouldn't have a German player conducting the spoiling attack (Gumbinnen?) that they did immediately prior to moving on Samsonov's 2nd Army.

It is a tough challenge, and under the current engine I doubt that it can be done (similarly to the manner in which the BEF historically was very much an independent entity to the French Armies - more so than simply not allowing them to stack together -what they actually seemed bent on doing was withdrawing and preserving themselves- which no player would do in the current game - and the Russian thing I mentioned is much more of a significant problem.

I'm sure Ed has some rabbits up his sleeve -he always seems to. I suppose if it wasn't a challenge it might not be worth doing. :)
Bydand
Send this user an email
01-01-2013, 05:04 PM,
"I can't get my head around how an East Prussian 1914 campaign would work without a radical reworking of the command control rules -if the Russian 1st and 2nd Armies are allowed to act in concert- then there should be little chance of the Germans winning."

I'd think there are ways to accurately simulated the campaign without placing any restrictions on coordination; to wit:
Supply: German supply would probably be somewhere around 90% so the A & B rated German units would always be in supply. Russian supply would be a different story; maybe 40% or thereabouts, meaning those A & B rated elite Russki infantry would be almost always low on ammo
Command: German command would probably be A when H & L show up and their Korps and Divisional commanders would be highly rated too, being East Prussians themselves. Russian command another story; F & E all around.
Movement: Germans would be like II Korps on the west front with 19 mp.
Russki 16 mp. Russki no RR movement, Germans plenty of it.
Recon: Since the Russ was transmitting in plain language, this could be simulated by giving the Hun plenty of good recon capabilities.
Firepower: German infantry at 2 the Russ at 1.
Defense: German infantry at 6 Russ at 5.
Assault: Both equal at 10.
That ought to do it. Waddaya think? jonny ROTFLMAO

01-03-2013, 06:38 AM,
Is it just me, or is anyone else seeing people's text in this thread being hijacked by some advertisers?

In this snippet:

(01-01-2013, 02:32 PM)Levanten Wrote: Now I hope/wish I see the day this title ever will be developed.Smile

The "Now" is an advertising link, and in this snippet:

(01-01-2013, 05:04 PM)jonnymacbrown Wrote: Command: German command would probably be A when H & L show up and their Korps and Divisional commanders would be highly rated too, being East Prussians themselves. Russian command another story; F & E all around.

the "up and" is an advertising link.
01-03-2013, 07:12 AM,
(01-03-2013, 06:38 AM)Liebchen Wrote: Is it just me, or is anyone else seeing people's text in this thread being hijacked by some advertisers?

Your computer has been compromised, wittingly or not, by adware. I suggest a scan.
Send this user an email
01-03-2013, 08:37 AM,
I agree, nothing strange my end, their posts are just plain text.
01-05-2013, 07:34 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-05-2013, 08:02 PM by Xaver.)
Well, is not hard simulate Tannenberg with actual engine, think that you can programn fix units (i remember now this in France 40 for Panzer divisions and if i dont remember bad in Compass scenario in El-Alamein 1940 mod), maybe engine can be improved with a random fix % when units are moving out of first line, i explain this.

Think that Rusians have a % of have fixed mayor units (corps and armies) then when a corp/army HQ is over X hexes from an enemy unit this % is used and you can see russian armies with a complication to move in coordination when they try flank germans.

Other option is add a random factor affect armies action points that change in function of army HQ (or reduce a % units action points when they are out of HQ range).

And from last ACW title is possible use the rule "Added Mixed Organization Penalty Optional Rule for -1 morale modifier when units from different brigades are in the same hex." but at division level and superior in same army and from units from diferent armies is possilble negate assaults when units are not from same army.

I cant wait to see a new WWI title.

PD: i like see to Meggido battle, well, in general terms a title covering Ottoman Empire battles, even the "mobile" battle of Gallipoli hehehe.

Off-topic: thanks to support i can post again here, thanks again.
01-05-2013, 08:11 PM,
(01-05-2013, 07:34 PM)Xaver Wrote: Off-topic: thanks to support i can post again here, thanks again.

No problem, happy we were able to sort your issue out. Smile
01-06-2013, 10:58 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-06-2013, 11:01 AM by Hoplite.)
Lol it was actually an advertisement. Big Grin
Battle of Sarikamish. Hope to see one day.

Scenarios about Ottoman-Rus and Ottoman vs British-Arab can be very very good. Helmet Wink
01-06-2013, 07:56 PM,
At least they are diferent and from medium to small size and you can move... maybe divide in 2 titles, one for Caucasus (with Gallipoli scens) and other for Sinai/Palestine is a good option.

Maybe in the WWI serie east front is the best option because you have a chance to fight for something more than a hex and if you like big actions you can fight them and you can find interesting middle size scens.

Well, i expect Tannenberg as next title but maybe i am wrong, last nap title was Bautzen and i expect Marengo... maybe "enemy" provide false information in a screenshoot that he filter hehehe.