• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

EF FWWC
12-31-2012, 06:45 AM,
EF FWWC
France '14 is rapidly becoming my favorite game (despite my lack of ability). I have decided that the production of an east front FWWC is needed...and needed quickly. Is there one in the works?
Quote this message in a reply
12-31-2012, 07:28 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-31-2012, 09:10 AM by Volcano Man.)
RE: EF FWWC
All I can say is that the eastern front is certainly planned and may or may not be in the works at the moment. ;)

Clear as mud. :)
Send this user an email
12-31-2012, 09:56 AM,
(12-31-2012, 06:45 AM)mooreshawnm Wrote: France '14 is rapidly becoming my favorite game (despite my lack of ability). I have decided that the production of an east front FWWC is needed...and needed quickly. Is there one in the works?

Biased as i am, i agree that F14 is an excellent title, so good i have not reported a PzC game for over a year now! Big Grin

There is so much scope for new FWWC titles, who knows where it will take us?? Wink
12-31-2012, 12:25 PM,
(12-31-2012, 09:56 AM)Foul. Wrote:
(12-31-2012, 06:45 AM)mooreshawnm Wrote: France '14 is rapidly becoming my favorite game (despite my lack of ability). I have decided that the production of an east front FWWC is needed...and needed quickly. Is there one in the works?

Biased as i am, i agree that F14 is an excellent title, so good i have not reported a PzC game for over a year now! Big Grin

There is so much scope for new FWWC titles, who knows where it will take us?? Wink

And HPS/JTS, let's not forget the fantastic marketing opportunities with the upcoming World War One Centennial in 2014! I can well remember the Civil War Centennial in 1961. It was a bonanza - with re-enactments, commemorative postage stamps, TV shows, books, and toys and games galore.

I agree that F'14 is the best wargame I have ever played and because the designer and developer are willing to listen to and implement well thought out suggested improvements, the weight of the entire player community is brought to bear to continuously improve it. My hope is that it becomes the leading design innovation game (s) - with the East Front title we all hope comes sooner rather than later). It's so good because it is the closest IGUG game with the "feel" of a simulaneous movement game. There are no incursions without responses. It's all about thinking many moves ahead to properly position your forces.
Send this user an email
12-31-2012, 07:59 PM,
(12-31-2012, 12:25 PM)tquinn Wrote: And HPS/JTS, let's not forget the fantastic marketing opportunities with the upcoming World War One Centennial in 2014! I can well remember the Civil War Centennial in 1961. It was a bonanza - with re-enactments, commemorative postage stamps, TV shows, books, and toys and games galore.
Yup, you can bet that the TV schedule will be full of WW1 programs, i know that the BBC have some great ones on the cards.
(12-31-2012, 12:25 PM)tquinn Wrote: I agree that F'14 is the best wargame I have ever played and because the designer and developer are willing to listen to and implement well thought out suggested improvements, the weight of the entire player community is brought to bear to continuously improve it. My hope is that it becomes the leading design innovation game (s) - with the East Front title we all hope comes sooner rather than later). It's so good because it is the closest IGUG game with the "feel" of a simulaneous movement game. There are no incursions without responses. It's all about thinking many moves ahead to properly position your forces.
Well you comments ring true for PzC titles also as David (Strela) has also made several changes to K43 and M42 based on the feedback he receives from this community, so in that regards the future both PzC and FWWC are in very safe hands! Big Grin
12-31-2012, 08:08 PM,
(12-31-2012, 07:28 AM)Volcano Man Wrote: All I can say is that the eastern front is certainly planned and may or may not be in the works at the moment. ;)

You would do excellent as a politician, Ed! Wink

Jison
Send this user an email
12-31-2012, 08:13 PM,
(12-31-2012, 08:08 PM)Jison Wrote:
(12-31-2012, 07:28 AM)Volcano Man Wrote: All I can say is that the eastern front is certainly planned and may or may not be in the works at the moment. ;)

You would do excellent as a politician, Ed! Wink

Jison
Great idea! If Ed runs for President he gets my vote!

Pity i live in the UK.................:whis:
01-01-2013, 04:09 AM,
(12-31-2012, 08:13 PM)Foul. Wrote: Great idea! If Ed runs for President he gets my vote!

Great, you really want me to stay so busy that I won't be able to do anything productive eh?? Wink

Send this user an email
01-01-2013, 07:58 AM,
Caporetto and Straffexpedition should be covered too then the Mesopotamian struggle.Not looking forward to Gallipoli though, for some reason. How about incorporating the African colonial theater & Smuts versus Lettov-Vorbeck etc.?
01-01-2013, 08:18 AM,
(01-01-2013, 07:58 AM)burroughs Wrote: Caporetto and Straffexpedition should be covered too then the Mesopotamian struggle.Not looking forward to Gallipoli though, for some reason. How about incorporating the African colonial theater & Smuts versus Lettov-Vorbeck etc.?

There's so many theaters of operation from WW1 that could be covered. Enough to keep VM busy for a long time!