• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

JTS Campaign Overland Released
12-20-2012, 05:18 PM,
RE: JTS Campaign Overland Released
(12-20-2012, 09:41 AM)John Ferry Wrote: Steve--
Remember that New Market, Piedmont and Cloyd's Mtn are stand alone maps (if you should decide to bother with these isolated battles) and in the case of Drewry's Bluff and Walthall Junction, etc, they are submaps of the Bermuda Hundred map.
But its all good!
John

Hi John:

I got those 3 (it looks like I could dump Walthall ... but I think I did that one in 3d zoom in -so it at least has a different look.

I think the sub map I used for Spotsylvania might not be the largest one ( I didn't look at all of them -however none of them would be that huge of a deal to do).

And who knows, at some point once I get to play around with modding things... I might end up doing other versions as well. I'm looking forward to getting back into this one.

I grabbed the 4 Rhea books some time ago, and those are great references for anyone interested in the campaign (although I am hoping that he eventually does a Petersburg book as well- as I feel incomplete at this point Big Grin ).
Bydand
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
12-25-2012, 12:33 AM,
Ironically, now that the game is out, Brett Schulte reported on a NEW book on Overland that promises to radically change our notions about the power of Lee's army--that it had more manpower than has always been supposed, and also that it took far more losses than those we have always been told. The problem is, the book won't be out until May!
Fighting Wilderness has always been problematic using the old historical numbers. No way to replicate the historic outcome unless you slide the advantage marker far to the right. Now, in May, I may find myself with new numbers!
Thanks for your extra work!
J
And Merry Christmas, all!
12-25-2012, 08:04 AM,
Check out "Richmond Redeemed" by Dr Richard Sommers. About battles north of the James in the fall of 64, all part of the siege situation we think of as only taking place south of the James.