• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Moscow '42 Files Update (as at Jan 23rd, 2013)
11-26-2012, 04:50 AM,
RE: Moscow '42 Files Update
crap, I don't have any units arriving between Dec 27 and Jan 1! Looks like I screwed up the install somehow. Aaargh!
Quote this message in a reply
12-04-2012, 01:39 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-04-2012, 01:40 PM by Strela.)
Hi All,

Please note the optional weather update (in the first post in the thread) is a separate download and is not included in the 'master' zip. You have to pull it down separately.

David
12-11-2012, 11:05 PM,
Not sure if this is a mistake but in the Fall Kremil North Max Effort the German LV Corps HQ has a command range of 17. All other Corps HQ's have a range of 42.
12-11-2012, 11:43 PM,
(12-11-2012, 11:05 PM)Nitram Draw Wrote: Not sure if this is a mistake but in the Fall Kremil North Max Effort the German LV Corps HQ has a command range of 17. All other Corps HQ's have a range of 42.

Thanks Nitram. Looks like LV Korp has a Divisional command range, NOT a Korp value. I have now corrected the master zip in the first post of this thread.

Please note this change in the OOB will correct ongoing games. The reordering of withdrawals will only take effect in new campaign games. This is not an issue as it is only there for aesthetic value, ie. it will not have a detrimental impact on ongoing campaigns.

David
12-12-2012, 04:56 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-12-2012, 05:06 AM by ComradeP.)
RE: Moscow '42 Files Update (as at Dec 11th, 2012)
I'm looking at the OOB in the editor at the moment, and I'm wondering why the German air units that become available in January are not listed as reinforcements, unlike their Soviet counterparts. Or: why are some scheduled reinforcements listed with their arrival dates whilst others are not?

Also: why are some units disbanded during the campaign according to the OOB editor, whilst they are not scheduled to be withdrawn?

Example: 162 Infanterie Division.

These might not be code issues, but it seems odd.
12-12-2012, 10:03 AM,
(12-12-2012, 04:56 AM)ComradeP Wrote: I'm looking at the OOB in the editor at the moment, and I'm wondering why the German air units that become available in January are not listed as reinforcements, unlike their Soviet counterparts. Or: why are some scheduled reinforcements listed with their arrival dates whilst others are not?

Also: why are some units disbanded during the campaign according to the OOB editor, whilst they are not scheduled to be withdrawn?

Example: 162 Infanterie Division.

These might not be code issues, but it seems odd.

Question (and answer) moved the the 'Several Moscow '42 Questions' thread.
12-13-2012, 12:52 AM,
(12-11-2012, 11:43 PM)Strela Wrote:
(12-11-2012, 11:05 PM)Nitram Draw Wrote: Not sure if this is a mistake but in the Fall Kremil North Max Effort the German LV Corps HQ has a command range of 17. All other Corps HQ's have a range of 42.

Thanks Nitram. Looks like LV Korp has a Divisional command range, NOT a Korp value. I have now corrected the master zip in the first post of this thread.

Please note this change in the OOB will correct ongoing games. The reordering of withdrawals will only take effect in new campaign games. This is not an issue as it is only there for aesthetic value, ie. it will not have a detrimental impact on ongoing campaigns.

David

I thought he might just be a real lousy commander! Helmet Smile
Thanks for the quick fix.

01-02-2013, 07:44 AM,
Hi David,

We are working on starting up a Moscow '42 Grand Campaign and I saw in the parameter data that the recovery rate for both sides is 0%. Was this purposeful? Does this mean there is zero recovery for the entire 576 turns campaign? I am not sure this makes sense especially with how much Soviet artillery there is.

Can you clarify?

I think maybe 1% for the Germans and 0% for the Russians to balance the play out over 576 turns. Otherwise the Germans will likely be eliminated from the map after about 100 turns. I this this same effect in the Stalingrad stock campaign and it had to be changed otherwise the campaign became unplayable.

Marty
01-02-2013, 09:01 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-02-2013, 09:03 AM by Strela.)
(01-02-2013, 07:44 AM)von Nev Wrote: Hi David,

We are working on starting up a Moscow '42 Grand Campaign and I saw in the parameter data that the recovery rate for both sides is 0%. Was this purposeful? Does this mean there is zero recovery for the entire 576 turns campaign? I am not sure this makes sense especially with how much Soviet artillery there is.

Can you clarify?

I think maybe 1% for the Germans and 0% for the Russians to balance the play out over 576 turns. Otherwise the Germans will likely be eliminated from the map after about 100 turns. I this this same effect in the Stalingrad stock campaign and it had to be changed otherwise the campaign became unplayable.

Marty

Hi Marty,

Yes, it's deliberate. The winter scenarios use the OOB replacement routines introduced in FWWC. All covered in the Designers notes.

David
01-21-2013, 02:14 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-21-2013, 07:26 AM by ComradeP.)
According to their TOE/OOB (as seen here, for example, http://niehorster.orbat.com/011_germany/...pz-01.html ), German SPAA companies in Panzer divisions had a paper strength of 10 vehicles in 1941. In the game, they all have 12. Only the independent companies seem to have had a paper strength of 12.

The Germans also don't seem to have any motorized light or medium AA units, only light SPAA and heavy motorized AA units. Is that deliberate?

In game terms "motorized" is a gun on a truck, which is incorrect for the Germans. They should either have halftracks or towed AA guns. Their AA guns being on trucks currently gives them a disadvantage in terms of mobility, whilst one of the good things about halftracks was increased cross-country performance, which they now miss. I'm wondering why the Germans have a generic truck-mounted AA gun, instead of the equipment they had historically.