• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Moscow '42 Team Game
12-02-2012, 08:36 AM,
RE: Moscow '42 Team Game
(12-02-2012, 06:09 AM)Schmolywar Wrote: We should be able to do this with 4 players, or even 3. Will someone set it up?

I think that playing Kreml with only 4 players would be a lot of work. I would imagine that it would take me a few days to do my turns. And I mean "do" my turns, not get them done. Getting a chance to sit and handle an entire Armeegruppe or more than a single front would be spotty for me.

The reason that I suggested a team game was to divide up the game into manageable bites. Some players could maybe manage this large a task, but not this player.

So, to recap:
  • I am up for any of the winter campaigns or any of the Kreml campaigns.

• I would prefer to play Germans, but am not committed to that.

• I want a game with manageable player assignments so that I do not end up holding the game up for others because I have to tend to RL.

If we can't get any other players, I think that the idea of one of the smaller large scenarios, as Burroughs suggested before, starts to sound more appealing.
Quote this message in a reply
12-02-2012, 08:39 AM,
Yeah I meant the smaller campaign I mentioned before.
12-02-2012, 08:50 AM,
If you're short players for a campaign sign me up. Will turn around anything sent my way within 24 hours.
12-02-2012, 09:23 AM,
So, now we have:

Schmolywar
Burroughs
RickyB
Liebchen
Mooreshawnm

... and maybe markwuwu25 (?), but we still have not heard from Mark w.w. yet, directly, so don't know his interest level.

That's five, maybe six. This is enough to get a Klin-Solnechnogorsk game going.

On the Russian side, there the following commands would seem appropriate:

Player 1: the 30th Army

Player 2: 1st Shock Army and 20th Army

Player 3: 16th Army and 5th Army

Germans are easier, having the 3rd PanzerArmee and the 4th PanzerArmee.

Does this sound acceptable to everyone?
12-02-2012, 09:35 AM,
Im fine. Ill let Burroughs pick first. Ill let him pick mine.
12-02-2012, 09:37 AM,
(12-02-2012, 09:23 AM)Liebchen Wrote: So, now we have:

Schmolywar
Burroughs
RickyB
Liebchen
Mooreshawnm

... and maybe markwuwu25 (?), but we still have not heard from Mark w.w. yet, directly, so don't know his interest level.

That's five, maybe six. This is enough to get a Klin-Solnechnogorsk game going.

On the Russian side, there the following commands would seem appropriate:

Player 1: the 30th Army

Player 2: 1st Shock Army and 20th Army

Player 3: 16th Army and 5th Army

Germans are easier, having the 3rd PanzerArmee and the 4th PanzerArmee.

Does this sound acceptable to everyone?

Fine with me perfectly, I'll help myslef to the Stavka forces, if You don't mind.
12-02-2012, 10:03 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-02-2012, 10:12 AM by Schmolywar.)

I could take the 30th.
12-02-2012, 10:30 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-02-2012, 10:31 AM by burroughs.)
Alright then , here we go, Klin-Solnechnogorsk offensive then, very well, don't think we'll regret that.

I'd say that Liebchen and Ricky B may feel free to take the OKH over at their leisure, Schmolywar is fine with the Stavka side, I take to it, too so Sean would be placed in our team unless anybody feels like defecting or swapping the belligerent.Let's not disclose the command assignment to the other team ,that's the Soviet "maskirovka" doctrine at work. I'll talk to Mark, but perhaps five people would be enough already to tackle everything here unless anybody wants a smaller command in size and share it.Didn't peek from the German perspective though so dunno, depends on personal preferences.

Optional rules - subject to change and negotiations - NO ( left unchecked ): manual/automatic defensive fire,optional surrender,optional fire & assault results, locking zones of control, higher fatigue recovery, no low fuel effects and explicit supply ( there are no separate on-map supply units so it's just a make-up ... ) - everything else on as I believe such settings promote realism, but would like to listen to Your ideas. I can set it up if You want and then we'll work the schedule over etc.

Have we missed anything? ...
12-02-2012, 12:22 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-02-2012, 12:38 PM by Schmolywar.)
Whatever promotes realism.

"Virtual supply trucks are the recommended supply rule. With an Axis base level of supply of 30-40 at the front, units more than a few hexes away from a road are most likely to be out of supply. Please note this will slow load times but it’s really the best simulation of the situation both sides found themselves in".

12-02-2012, 12:40 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-02-2012, 12:49 PM by Liebchen.)
The default M'42 rules look fine to me. Besides, they were playtested that way.