• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Moscow '42 Team Game
11-18-2012, 05:31 AM,
Moscow '42 Team Game
Any interest in a Team Game of one of the Moscow '42 campaigns?
Quote this message in a reply
11-20-2012, 10:19 AM,
RE: Moscow '42 Team Game
Hi,

I am. I havent bought the game yet and its been a while since I played any of the series, but I am initally interested.

Im experienced in WITE and Decisive Campaigns; Case Blue.
11-21-2012, 02:06 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-21-2012, 02:07 AM by burroughs.)
(11-18-2012, 05:31 AM)Liebchen Wrote: Any interest in a Team Game of one of the Moscow '42 campaigns?

Yes, I am, provided I am given a command small enough and I am also going to buy the game any time soon, bought the SB WWI title yesterday and am going to complete the collection with every missing title and there are four or six depending I am going to buy RV and SCV ( not likely) - the rest is a must. I once wanted to run a FWWC F '14 team game, the campaign in Flanders or the Miracle on the Marne, but it looked as if the people were somehow overwhelmed or not inspired enough with the idea so now I am jumping at virtually any opportunity now.That's an initial statement and the situation is prone to change, but I am rady to commit if only I cam manage everything successfully.

I guess it doesn't take to have to wait for any patches as You can always patch the game up amidst the gameplay,eh?
11-21-2012, 02:20 AM,
yes you can patch while playing
11-22-2012, 01:33 AM,
(11-21-2012, 02:20 AM)raizer Wrote: yes you can patch while playing

Yes, me and Mark wuw25 did update the complete OrBat MG '44 campaign we're playing during the hostilities and no files were harmed in the process.

So, what's up with the campaign team game? So far I have been commanding marines in the SB Tarawa landing - the game hasn't been concluded yet - and I have just started participatinga as one of the NATO armies commander in the MC D'85 Bolt from the Blue 4.7. Third time lucky, I'd accept an assignment on either side, no preferences, but the optional rules.
11-22-2012, 05:06 AM,
Interested so far:

Liebchen
Schmolywar
Burroughs

Any others interested?
11-22-2012, 05:55 AM,
Hey David,

I would consider teaming up with you against Schmolywar and Burroughs if you are interested.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
11-22-2012, 07:07 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-22-2012, 07:11 AM by burroughs.)
I'd say that we still would do with two more guys. Besides if we are to team up that way the balance shifts heavily into Your favour, dunno about Schmolywar, but his record here at the Blitz is not too impressive,with all due respect - actually it's non existent.Not that I mind that, I'll go with that if necessary, but I don't play with a handicap as a rule of thumb even though I have never had anything about taking over the command of an inferior belligerent and I do usually that in search of a greater challenege - it's just that too often it ends in a disaster which is embedded in a particular situation.
11-22-2012, 01:53 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-22-2012, 02:17 PM by Schmolywar.)
You are right burroughs, but that doesnt mean I dont play at all :-)

I just bought the game and went trough the tutorial.

Im for sure the weakest player going straight into this but id love to take a shot at it. (For roleplaying purposes you might even consider me an inept soviet commander learning on the fly).

I think I can do this if I get a smaller role (at least in the beginning). Maybe a little babysitting a round or two, but I should be able to take it from there.

Im a consistent/committed player and can do multiple rounds every day if needed.

11-22-2012, 05:27 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-22-2012, 05:40 PM by Liebchen.)
(11-22-2012, 01:53 PM)Schmolywar Wrote: Im a consistent/committed player and can do multiple rounds every day if needed.

I'm sure you are, Schmolywar, but with all due respect it's a very large campaign and it is a huge commitment to start this. It is all the more a large commitment since several other people are committing, not just one. Panzer Campaigns is a game with lots of nuance and I can understand it if Burroughs is reluctant to handicap a game with a noob. This campaign adds even more nuance with such relatively new optional rules as the delayed reporting of disruption, etc.

We don't need "inept soviet commanders learning on the fly" since the game's already handicapped for that.

Post game requests and you'll get them. Learn the ropes by getting your ass kicked around a bit. That's how we all learned.
I'm with Burroughs on the number of players.. This game is huge, and one of the reasons I suggested a team game is because of the pace. I could take a sector of this front, but could hardly see myself playing the entire Kalinin Front, for example.

If we can't get more interest, then ....