• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Moscow '42 Team Game
11-26-2012, 07:32 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-26-2012, 07:33 AM by Liebchen.)
RE: Moscow '42 Team Game
(11-26-2012, 06:09 AM)burroughs Wrote: I think I'll leave the apparently fruitless lobbying at the very point, let the situation develop and see what trasnpires.

This comment is discouraging, to say the least. Why do you call this "fruitless lobbying"? I *thought* we were gathering names of interested players, etc.

It appears that we have now 7 players, including Mark. If this is the case, then why don't we discuss the scenario (or "lobbying" I guess you would call it). I had suggested a campaign. You suggested another scenario, which I said was perhaps not large enough for a team game. I believe that someone else suggested the entire grand campaign, which others have pointed out may lead to burnout or dropouts.

I am not wedded to the idea of playing the Jan 6 game. My *only* considerations are:

- a not-too-frantic pace, so as to allow for RL and other games,
- a game that would be challenging and satisfying for all team members, and
- fun for all.

I believe that with 7 players we could pull off a full campaign. If everyone agrees, then the question is which of the four choices. Suggestions?
Quote this message in a reply
11-26-2012, 04:32 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-26-2012, 07:12 PM by Schmolywar.)
Im ok with the jan 6th game.

Is the Fall Kreml campaign out of question? It might be a faster, fun and more dynamic game (Fall Kreml South seems more realistic).

This could be a bit interesting when the panzers come; "By placing supply sources in key locations the Soviets can form hedgehog positions that will not run out of supply or become isolated." (only in the summer campaign AFAIK).

Also;

"Finally, the play test team have really enjoyed these scenarios, think Smolensk ’41/Kharkov ‘42 but with a lot more tanks on both sides…"

11-27-2012, 12:41 AM,
Nothing from my opponent, still. He might be away or really busy.

I'll just commit, I'll manage to find the time.

If the full campaign is too long, we could always play it until January (1206-02). I'm fine with the January campaign in theory, but the starting positions are a bit awkard so my preference would be for a December start.

burroughs: it's not like we could've started last week, waiting for the patch and all that.

If everybody could post his personal preference for either a December or January start, that would help.
11-27-2012, 02:00 AM,
Well, I was to suggest last time that an unresponsive would-be opponent is usually an uncommitted opponent and thet's not the breed treasured the most here. Glad You're in then and daresay we should be ready to go by now.
If my preference for a scenario is not seriously taken into consideration, then I am alright with either campaign scenario with a mild preference towards December if we think of any full campaign, Fall Kremlin is also acceptable for me even though I haven't had a look at it yet.I only ask for a command on the Soviet side, small enough, Kalinin or Bryansk Front - Kalinin I'd say preferably if we play 3X3 - can't handle anything larger now, not mentioning the Soviet centre. Wouldn't go for the German side unless in Fall Kremlin as I was checking the scenarios from the Soviet side and the Soviet commanders didn't tour the German positions prior to the hostilities getting hotter & hotter, that would spoil my fog of war and /or is my way of doing things so please bear in mind.
11-27-2012, 03:16 AM,
I had actually already started the game with my opponent, but there was a need to restart due to the patch. The e-mail I'm waiting on would indicate if he wants to restart and if a rate of about 4 turns per week would be acceptable, instead of a turn every day or every two days.
11-27-2012, 03:05 PM,
I am in for a campaign style game, nice pace, no rush. I will stick around to the end, unless maybe if it takes 5+ years, having played some that took 2+ years tp finish.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
11-27-2012, 04:09 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-27-2012, 04:12 PM by Schmolywar.)
Had a look at the Fall Kreml campaigns again and I got to say they look alot more tempting than watching snow for 5+ years :-)

Its pretty obvious the 6th january campaign will fizzle out eventually due to supply issues.

I know its hypothetical but a Fall Blau around Moscow is too tempting!!

What do you say Liebchen, ill be your Lieutenant Triebig! (Cross of Iron)
11-27-2012, 09:56 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-27-2012, 09:59 PM by ComradeP.)
Sorry guys, but according to the doctor there's too much of a strain on my lower arm muscles, so computer activity aside from work is off the menu as it has to be kept at an absolute minimum to avoid injury. Sorry for the inconvenience, I was hoping it would be less bad.
11-28-2012, 01:56 PM,
So whats the 411 on this then.
11-28-2012, 02:30 PM,
Sounds like it is

Liebchen
Schmolywar
Burroughs
RickyB

...for now.

Burroughs prefers to play 12/6, you prefer Kreml.

That's what we have, for now....

ComradeP, I'm sorry to hear it. Hopefully it will be only for a short hiatus.