• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Scenario or Quick Battles
11-13-2012, 07:08 PM,
c_Question Mark  Scenario or Quick Battles
Hey Folks
What is nicer, playing scenarios or playing a Quick Battle Map?

I have not yet played a single scenario. I kind of think playing scenarios gives an advantage to someone who played it a couple of times before. I guess the nice thing about scenarios is you dont need to spent ages purchasing and even setting the stuff up.

As for Quick Battle Maps I guess having played a single map a couple of times also could give some intel the opponent might not have playing a particular map for the first time.
The purchasing can be time consuming and so can be the setting up of a good defense for example

What do you prefer and why?

Appreciate your comments!!!
Quote this message in a reply
11-13-2012, 07:43 PM,
RE: Scenario or Quick Battles
The answer is both Big Grin
From my experience,you'll have more fun playing scenarios than QBs.The scenario maps present more challanges and are more detailed. I guess it's obvious with the naked eye that more work has been done by the developers to create the scenario maps than the QB ones. If i played a scenario once and i'm about to play it for a second time,i prefer to let my opponent know i'm not playing it blind,so he can have a look at the map/OOB. I guess this practice pretty much nulifies any (big) advantages i might have from playing it previously.
On the other hand,the QBs tend to be more balanced. There are few stock scenario designed for H2H play,so usually,one side will have the upper hand right from the start.Which doesn't happen if it's a QB.

All in one,i like to have half my games as Qbs,half as scenarios. For my,it's the perfect combination of enjoyment and balance.
Send this user an email
11-13-2012, 07:52 PM,
good info, thanks
11-13-2012, 09:17 PM,
I prefer scenarios as they at least have some story/background to them.

Don't mind playing a human opponent in an unbalanced scenario, especially if it is an historic scenario.

Regarding scenarios - all human players think differently and therefore their approach to a specific scenario will all be different. If you play a scenario against player A and win using certain tactics it does not mean that using the same tactics against player B in that same scenario will work. Should you use the same tactics you are likely to lose! That has been my experience.

Despite preferring scenarios I always have some QB's on the go as well.