• Downloads

Mega Storm
10-30-2012, 03:06 AM,
RE: Mega Storm
Today living in Wisconsin isn't so bad!

Stay safe, gents.
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
Quote this message in a reply
10-30-2012, 04:22 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-30-2012, 04:22 AM by Richie61.)
(10-30-2012, 03:06 AM)TheBigRedOne Wrote: Today living in Wisconsin isn't so bad!

Stay safe, gents.

LOL! I grow up in Maine & blizzards were way better than 75 mph winds
for 18 hours straight Waiting I am sitting here waiting to lose power
as the trees sway back and fourth. We just started get the winds about
1 hour ago and branches & trees have started to fall. I heard the worst
part of the wind is still 12 hours away!

Any word from Mike?
"Ideals are peaceful. History is violent."
10-30-2012, 07:14 AM,
Yeah, grew up in NE OH with the lake effect snow machine. I can handle heavy snow, but flying objects due to hurricane force winds is something entirely different.

I live about a mile from Lake Michigan and they are talking about 25 foot waves on the Lake due to this storm. Impressive.
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
10-30-2012, 07:29 AM,
(10-30-2012, 07:14 AM)TheBigRedOne Wrote: they are talking about 25 foot waves on the Lake due to this storm. Impressive.

I agree, that would be a sight to see. We normally never see anything like that!

10-30-2012, 01:00 PM,
I am back! Hat Hooray

Not that I wanted to get slammed by Sandy Jester, but she was a dud here. At 9:00 PM I could see the moon and there is only a 15 mph wind, not the 75 mph as the forecast!

Thoughts & prayers to the other folks out there! Windy
10-30-2012, 10:16 PM,
Glad to hear that you're OK Ed! We lost a few shingles and suffered some water damage from the driving rain. Other than that, a few minor power hits were all that we experienced.

On a separate note, the local media has been covering the loss of the HMS Bounty 90 miles off of Cape Hatteras. 14 survivors were rescued by the Coast Guard early yesterday morning, 1 crewmember was recovered later in the day and was pronounced dead upon reaching the hospital and the Captain is still missing. The Graveyard of the Atlantic has sadly claimed another victim.

Our prayers and best wishes go out to those that were affected by this storm and those that are still dealing with the storm.
"You know, fightin' in a basement offers a lot of difficulties. Number one being, you're fightin' in a basement!" - LT Aldo Raine
10-30-2012, 11:53 PM,
(10-30-2012, 10:16 PM)Der Landser Wrote: Glad to hear that you're OK Ed! We lost a few shingles and suffered some water damage from the driving rain. Other than that, a few minor power hits were all that we experienced.

On a separate note, the local media has been covering the loss of the HMS Bounty 90 miles off of Cape Hatteras. 14 survivors were rescued by the Coast Guard early yesterday morning, 1 crewmember was recovered later in the day and was pronounced dead upon reaching the hospital and the Captain is still missing. The Graveyard of the Atlantic has sadly claimed another victim.

Our prayers and best wishes go out to those that were affected by this storm and those that are still dealing with the storm.

I am glad to see you are fine Mike!
10-31-2012, 12:14 AM,
(10-30-2012, 10:16 PM)Der Landser Wrote: Glad to hear that you're OK Ed! We lost a few shingles and suffered some water damage from the driving rain. Other than that, a few minor power hits were all that we experienced.

Personally so far we are goood to go. I can not say that for the rest of the state of CT and RI. The shoreline took a big hit. I am sad about the Bounty as I saw her in drydock in Boothbay Me several years ago.