• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

This game kicks my butt
10-26-2012, 02:23 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-26-2012, 02:25 AM by Weasel.)
RE: This game kicks my butt
(10-25-2012, 01:28 PM)eltorrente Wrote:
(10-25-2012, 11:11 AM)Weasel Wrote: Perhaps someone can explain to me the following: Movement: move causes no fatigue, of course, HUNT causes fatigue, why is this? Hunt is just cautious slow movement, it should not cause fatigue, only use up valuable time. Anyone know why CM2 causes huge fatigue for HUNT command?

The way I think of it, it's like the troops are walking around tensed up and ready for contact at any second. They're probably crouching slightly and keeping low, etc. Going by experiences playing paintball, it was tiring crouch-walking. That's how I see it, anyway - they're hyper-ready and see and react better, so I don't mind the trade-off.

Quote:Btw - his second video I don't fully agree with, he basically did 'recon by death' with his first company, he could have split his squads up and reconnoitered the approach much better (of course, this is hindsight and my first CM2 games have been recce by death too).

Yeah, I like to keep my scout teams alive, and split squads and try to be careful. I usually always designate the 1st squad of my platoon to be the forward squad. For this reason, I often make them one level better quality, and give them at least +1 leadership - so they can operate away from the commander if necessary. I like to keep them spread out for the inevitable moratar strike(s), too.

I understand BF thinking on HUNT fatigue, but I don't really agree to it. I use to be happy when we started to move cautiously (hunt) since I got to rest and recover my breath and the worst part was having to watch for noisy terrain like sticks and such (we use to also practice walking on the outside edge of our feet, causing less ground contact but a real pain). I found standard moving much more tiring and of course leopard crawling (slow) the worst of all.

It is interesting to compare a battalion commanders use of troops to a section commanders as in those vids. The Btn CO used a company up and two back, using them as scouts while my thinking, as a section commander, is to use two men up and the rest back as scouts for the first section, with the remaining squads divided into two elements of assault and LMG. Thus he did much better on the large scale attacks, while in my small scale training I have averaged only one man lost and a few wounded while winning the scenarios I created.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
Quote this message in a reply