• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Poll: Do you believe the PLA Human Wave feature too strong?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, get rid of it
9.09%
1 9.09%
No, feel it works ok
0%
0 0%
Leave it in, make it an option in description.
90.91%
10 90.91%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Korean War- Human Wave too strong?
10-02-2012, 10:16 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-02-2012, 10:18 PM by Hawk Kriegsman.)
RE: Korean War- Human Wave too strong?
As one who has playtest more Korean War scenarios than most with the PLA I will tell you it is broken.

It uses the same mechanics as the Banzai which is awful and broken.

Now you combine that with the PLA massive superiority in numbers and it is overwhelming.

All the PLA has to do is activate one battalion and run amoke. That battlaion is fatigued for 1 turn. Guess what? The next turn the PLA can activate another battalion and do it again.

The numbers that the PLA have allow that player to have troops in human wave mode every single turn.

It is a feature that is not needed and not historical.

The PLA has superior numbers they can human wave without the toggle of a button.

Anyone who wants an example of how human wave should work (without the gimmick button) please fire up Night Skirmish (all options on except for VV) and watch what happens.

If you don't believe me. Ask Mike. He knows what happens to the UN. Big Grin

As for Extreme Assault. All of my playtests have been conducted with EA on. That does not slow up the PLA one bit on the assault front.

As for leaving it in and players using ROE's not to use it.

Great more ROE's. Just what this already fragmented community needs more ROEs.

If you feel that PLA platoons overrunning undisrupted Patton platoons as though they were jeeps then please keep it in and enjoy!

Not me. Won't play with it.

Also thanks to all who put in input escpecially those who have not even tried it. Helmet Rolleyes seriously.

Thanx!

Hawk

Quote this message in a reply
10-03-2012, 02:54 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-03-2012, 02:54 AM by Scud.)
I think the point was that for Mike to remove it would be a ton of work for which he would be uncompensated, therefore, eaiser to leave in a let the players decide if they like it or not.

If, however, Mike wants to go through all that work, it's up to him. Maybe someone who wants it out could help him?

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
10-03-2012, 06:53 AM,
Exactly my point, Dave. I have since quit using it, seems okay without it. I just don't have time anymore to keep changing major components of this game, I fear that already interest in it has dropped due to what changes I have done already. I was hoping there would be more interest in it, but since I originally started it over 7 years ago, until now, it was started in the Divided Ground engine, then to the Rising sun, interest in JTCS seems to have dwindled, very discouraging. Couple that with lack of playtesters ,so it takes forever for any scenarios to get through the H2H process, I don't know...

I would say that only the special assault companies should use the Human Wave assault, the PLA would find a weak point, then attack it with fireteams of mostly grenade-armed troops until it finally caved, then the bulk of troops would burst through that hole and head to the rear of the enemy to attack from behind. However, this is what I've been doing in Night Skirmish now without the Human Wave, and it works just as well!! The Pole mine units are lethat enough to cause probllems to the UN armor anyhow with out it as well. My main argument is the fact that way too much will need to be converted, requiring yet another big patch or another install. I just want to get some scenario's out for folks to play, but with the Human Wave, in any scenario with the massed PLA, does tend to one-side things, so I do agree with Erik on this, just too much work to remove it, and not sure what can be done other than to make it an ROE!!!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
10-03-2012, 02:58 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-03-2012, 03:20 PM by Crossroads.)
Just simply put it into scenario descriptions of all new scenarios. That would be my 0.02 as well.

[ This scenario is balanced to be played without Human Wave. ].

Then it would not only be a ROE as such, but a fair warning.

Visit us at CSLegion.com