• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

CMFI Shutting down
09-15-2012, 09:56 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-15-2012, 09:57 AM by CaptPoobar.)
Help  CMFI Shutting down
Hello all

I am having an issue with CMFI. Everytime I am on the purchase screen and i accidently use the mouse wheel, I immediately get an error stating that an error has occured and CMFI has to shut down. Only seems to happen on the purchase screen....Using the wheel in game play is fine.

I have the patch installed.

Just wondering if anyone else is having the same problem or is it just me.

CaptPoobar
Quote this message in a reply
09-15-2012, 10:42 AM,
RE: CMFI Shutting down
I haven't seen anything like this myself.
However,if you're able to replicate this issue you might want to contact battlefront's support. Probably it's a bug they might fix in the future patches.
Send this user an email
09-15-2012, 10:53 AM,
Downloading the demo now so will try to replicate this but may not be able to because of QB limitations either way you may want to try troubleshooting your mouse as well. Depending on the brand it is (Razer mice) are known for causing weird and random problems with games, the software in particular.

So try disabling the software if you have any, try installing the mouse software if you don't have any installed, consider uninstalling the software to see if it still persists and all that fun stuff.
09-15-2012, 12:00 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-15-2012, 12:01 PM by eltorrente.)
This is a known bug. Lots of reports of it at Battlefront.

I get around it by first of all - don't use the mouse wheel, and don't press the button to show the next screen.

However, it'll still often crash if you don't use the mouse wheel and the button. To avoid crashes most of the time, simply don't expand too many forces at once on the right pane when you are working with your forces.

So, if you buy a battalion of infantry for instance, only expand one company or one platoon at a time, and keep the rest of them minimized. The more forces that you keep expanded, the greater chance of it crashing. Just keep the right pane as "clean" as possible, and you'll be much happier.
09-15-2012, 02:18 PM,
(09-15-2012, 12:00 PM)eltorrente Wrote: This is a known bug. Lots of reports of it at Battlefront.

I get around it by first of all - don't use the mouse wheel, and don't press the button to show the next screen.

However, it'll still often crash if you don't use the mouse wheel and the button. To avoid crashes most of the time, simply don't expand too many forces at once on the right pane when you are working with your forces.

So, if you buy a battalion of infantry for instance, only expand one company or one platoon at a time, and keep the rest of them minimized. The more forces that you keep expanded, the greater chance of it crashing. Just keep the right pane as "clean" as possible, and you'll be much happier.

Thanks eltorrante....Will do many thanks. its not that i purposefully use the mouse wheel in the purchase screen....more accident than anything but bang...shuts down...annoying.
09-15-2012, 02:38 PM,
Odd, I have played quite a few FI QB's and have yet to encounter this error. Lucky, I guess?

Hopefully BFC will fix this in the first patch.
09-15-2012, 03:01 PM,
I have it also, just with the wheel button. I am extra careful now not to push it at all. Been ok since than.