• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

need help
09-09-2012, 10:53 PM,
need help
I just set up a game for firstline and myself today.

It was meant to be an attack defense on QB Map246.

Attacker was meant to be German and defender was meant to be American.

After chosing units etc, the next sequence was to set up, but for some reason the attacker being German in this instance is for some strange reaon setting up in the defenders setup zone????

That is wrong and I wonder if anyone else may has seen this before.

Very strange, if anyone can help me here that be much appreciated.

Please help.
Quote this message in a reply
09-10-2012, 01:09 AM,
RE: need help
It's a known bug. I'm not sure if has been fixed in CMFI,but CMBN is definitely affected.
Send this user an email
09-10-2012, 01:20 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-10-2012, 01:21 AM by eltorrente.)
I haven't seen it on an attack/defend yet, since I've only played a few - but I've noticed that sometimes during the map preview in a ME, that it shows me the setup zone that is actually my opponent's.
09-10-2012, 01:48 AM,
(09-10-2012, 01:20 AM)eltorrente Wrote: I haven't seen it on an attack/defend yet, since I've only played a few - but I've noticed that sometimes during the map preview in a ME, that it shows me the setup zone that is actually my opponent's.

In CMFI too? Or just cmbn?
Send this user an email
09-10-2012, 02:20 AM,
(09-10-2012, 01:48 AM)raz_atoth Wrote:
(09-10-2012, 01:20 AM)eltorrente Wrote: I haven't seen it on an attack/defend yet, since I've only played a few - but I've noticed that sometimes during the map preview in a ME, that it shows me the setup zone that is actually my opponent's.

In CMFI too? Or just cmbn?

I saw it two PBEM games ago on a Huge map in CMFI. I've seen it before that a few times, but can't remember if it was CMBN or CMFI. The game I just started though, showed the correct side - so it seems random.

09-10-2012, 03:38 AM,
It is a bug and its also random, in CMBN at least. Michel was the one to bring this to my attention during our last game. Really wish this would of been hotfixed along with the barbed wire bug by now but anyway, apparently the way to avoid it is to not preview the map before you hit the save button to send your turn to your opponent.

So what I do is preview the map maybe take a few screenshots for planning, get a good idea of the terrain etc. then completely close down the game and reload it when I'm ready to buy and deploy without clicking the preview map button. Alternatively you can view the map in the scenario editor and avoid the map preview button altogether.

Don't know if this works all the time or even if its happened it to me or my opponent. Usually after viewing map preview and making a plan the game loads and I stick with the plan that I made in the map preview mode, so if the bug executes itself in the map preview mode I don't know, but Michel knows a lot about this game and I took his advice up top to deter this from happening to me or my opponent.
09-10-2012, 06:42 AM,
Hey thanks for your help guys. I already thought something gone wrong with my Game Install.

So I am not the only one who has seen this. I hope they fix this. As for me I felt embarrassed having to say sorry to firstline, saying hey mate, wait a minute, something wrong here!

Cheers for the tips, I will try avoiding the preview button.

09-10-2012, 07:12 AM,
You shouldn't avoid previewing the map. Just remember if you're attacking or defending -or if your opponent started the setup-ask him about it. That way,you'll have a clear idea about the map,although the setup zones will be switched.
Send this user an email