• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Good reason for strict purchase limits
09-13-2012, 10:35 AM,
RE: Good reason for strict purchase limits
(09-13-2012, 08:37 AM)weapon42 Wrote: Im not done, ill go on and on as long as you guys wanna keep the debate going.This is almost as fun as a qb.

It's not really much of a debate, is it?

The more you try to justify yourself, the easier it is to see that you're the type of player most should avoid playing - UNLESS a very specific ground-rule document is written up, and every possible exploit and chance of lameness is covered in great detail. This document should be reviewed very carefully, and only then should a player agree to start the game.

Now we find out that you're currently playing a game where you picked 5 Tigers in a CMFI game?!?! Seriously!?!? LMAO I'm sure if you spend a lot of time planning and contemplating the map, you just might squeak out a victory.
Quote this message in a reply
09-13-2012, 11:20 AM,
(09-13-2012, 10:35 AM)eltorrente Wrote:
(09-13-2012, 08:37 AM)weapon42 Wrote: Im not done, ill go on and on as long as you guys wanna keep the debate going.This is almost as fun as a qb.

The more you try to justify yourself, the easier it is to see that you're the type of player most should avoid playing - UNLESS a very specific ground-rule document is written up, and every possible exploit and chance of lameness is covered in great detail. This document should be reviewed very carefully, and only then should a player agree to start the game.

Now we find out that you're currently playing a game where you picked 5 Tigers in a CMFI game?!?! Seriously!?!? LMAO I'm sure if you spend a lot of time planning and contemplating the map, you just might squeak out a victory.
Im not trying to justify, there is nothing to justify.Its just a fun game my friend, dont take it too seriously.And ill get plenty of games, no worries.
Its people like you that are lame.Very high on your horse type who believes that their way is the correct way, and the only way to play.When in fact , there are many different types of players and styles.I wont lose any sleep over taking 5 tigers,lol.And I wouldn't cry if someone took them against me.Id say , wow this is gonna be tough, how can I beat this?Because I've taken Pz iv, 3's, whatever the game offers to be diverse.Unless you play the Eltoronnte way who is all knowing about fairness you are lame.I get it.Please post your guidlines on how to play properly.I cant wait.In fact I would enjoy destroying you in a game.If youd like to play?But I doubt it.Lets see I wont take tigers, Im only playing CMFI until the upgrade, so there are no panthers, no need to be scared of those.Can I buy veteran pziv?or is that not allowed?pz 3's allowed?Kubelwagons ok?

The following is the normal parameters I play by:

No Planes

No Pre-bombing attacker set up zone

No scouting ahead of main force with crews from destroyed guns or vehicles

No Tiger Tanks

No Artillery restrictions

Ok? or would you like to add or subtract anything?

Wow thats a very complicated document and agreement isnt it?
Maybe for you it is Eltorrente,lol.

Anyway would you like to play?
09-13-2012, 11:50 AM,
(09-13-2012, 11:20 AM)weapon42 Wrote:

Im not trying to justify, there is nothing to justify.Its just a fun game my friend, dont take it too seriously.And ill get plenty of games, no worries.
Its people like you that are lame.Very high on your horse type who believes that their way is the correct way, and the only way to play.When in fact , there are many different types of players and styles.I wont lose any sleep over taking 5 tigers,lol.And I wouldn't cry if someone took them against me.Id say , wow this is gonna be tough, how can I beat this?Because I've taken Pz iv, 3's, whatever the game offers to be diverse.Unless you play the Eltoronnte way who is all knowing about fairness you are lame.I get it.Please post your guidlines on how to play properly.I cant wait.In fact I would enjoy destroying you in a game.If youd like to play?But I doubt it.Lets see I wont take tigers, Im only playing CMFI until the upgrade, so there are no panthers, no need to be scared of those.Can I buy veteran pziv?or is that not allowed?pz 3's allowed?Kubelwagons ok?

No Planes

No Tiger Tanks

No thanks. I'm sure that you're actually a good player and you don't have to prove anything to me.

I think my idea of a "fair" battle is what most other people consider, also. From what I've seen in every PBEM I've played so far, with no ground rules, is what I consider fair.

Most of the time people pick forces similar to what would have been picked in CMx1 with the combined arms setting. You know what I mean - a company of infantry and maybe 2 or 3 tanks, some extras here and there like trucks, halftracks, an AT gun or whatever. Nothing crazy or strict, just the kind of force that most people usually pick.
09-13-2012, 12:40 PM,
(09-13-2012, 11:50 AM)eltorrente Wrote:
(09-13-2012, 11:20 AM)weapon42 Wrote:

No Planes

No Tiger Tanks

No thanks. I'm sure that you're actually a good player and you don't have to prove anything to me.

I think my idea of a "fair" battle is what most other people consider, also. From what I've seen in every PBEM I've played so far, with no ground rules, is what I consider fair.

Most of the time people pick forces similar to what would have been picked in CMx1 with the combined arms setting. You know what I mean - a company of infantry and maybe 2 or 3 tanks, some extras here and there like trucks, halftracks, an AT gun or whatever. Nothing crazy or strict, just the kind of force that most people usually pick.
I respect your idea of fair,I feel I am extremely fair.
Anyway the offer remains,btw ground rules is not a new evil invention, its been around since I started playing this beautiful game in 1999.Have you ever heard of Fionn Kelly?the 75mm groundrule?, the short 75 groundrule?Many palyers play by the groundrules.Its completely fair and created hudreds of awsome evenly matched games.And yes I know exactly what you mean by the combined arms setting.I loved it and miss it.90 % of my games were
combined arms, meeting, rarity standard."The kind of force that most people pick"does not mean its the kind of force you have to pick everytime, mix it up .

09-13-2012, 12:58 PM,
(09-13-2012, 12:40 PM)weapon42 Wrote: I respect your idea of fair,I feel I am extremely fair.
Anyway the offer remains,btw ground rules is not a new evil invention, its been around since I started playing this beautiful game in 1999.Have you ever heard of Fionn Kelly?the 75mm groundrule?, the short 75 groundrule?Many palyers play by the groundrules.Its completely fair and created hudreds of awsome evenly matched games.And yes I know exactly what you mean by the combined arms setting.I loved it and miss it.90 % of my games were
combined arms, meeting, rarity standard."The kind of force that most people pick"does not mean its the kind of force you have to pick everytime, mix it up .

I haven't heard of those rules. I've only been playing on this site for a short while.

Honestly, if I had been just reading the thread, and not arguing back and forth with you, I would have loved to have played you. Since we've been arguing back and forth and being insulting to one another, the stakes or too high. Big Grin
09-13-2012, 01:06 PM,
(09-13-2012, 12:58 PM)eltorrente Wrote:
(09-13-2012, 12:40 PM)weapon42 Wrote: I respect your idea of fair,I feel I am extremely fair.

I haven't heard of those rules. I've only been playing on this site for a short while.

Honestly, if I had been just reading the thread, and not arguing back and forth with you, I would have loved to have played you. Since we've been arguing back and forth and being insulting to one another, the stakes or too high. Big Grin

Get over it, I argue with my brothers all the time!I apologize if you feel insulted.I will accomodate any style game you like or perhaps a mirror historical scenario?
09-13-2012, 05:39 PM,

LMAOROTFLMAO I think you hit the nail right on the head there el torrente. 10 out of 10.
09-13-2012, 07:05 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-13-2012, 07:06 PM by weapon2010.)
(09-13-2012, 05:39 PM)S.A.M Wrote:

LMAOROTFLMAO I think you hit the nail right on the head there el torrente. 10 out of 10.