• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Good reason for strict purchase limits
09-05-2012, 03:27 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-05-2012, 03:27 AM by DasTiger.)
RE: Good reason for strict purchase limits
Of course it is real! Why would you not think it isn't?!?!?! Don't be a big dummy!

Here's proof:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5cL-h3Pj1o

See the real weapons they have? They look real.

Do

Quote this message in a reply
09-05-2012, 07:41 AM,
Well something is messed up in their rarity...sorry you can't have that PzIV, they only built 8800 of those, but hey you can have the Panther they only built 1000 of those.

I have never made it through KH yet.

I offered Daisy a game as such: no 75L70/88 tanks versus no 17lb/76mm, that should make things even.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
09-07-2012, 05:32 AM,
I dont have a problem with Big Cats as long as my opponent accepts a rematch with reversed sides.
If he refuses to play as Allies i just erase him from my playlist.
My so far experience says that players which are trying to exploit only the hardware which is given to them or are trying to always win on the purchase screen they are either getting bored easily and quit CM or very quick they dont have with whom to play as nobody wants to play with them.
09-07-2012, 05:50 PM,
76mm take out Panthers just fine. If the range is within 700 yards or so, those work well enough against the big cats. The Shermans seem to have a sighting advantage, at least it seems that way to me, so it seems like they always get the first shot. Anyway, they do fine as long as it's not too far of a range.

Tigers in CMFI though.. that's a different story. You need plenty of bazookas and luck to stop them.

I wish Tigers simply cost more rarity points.
09-09-2012, 04:39 AM,
(09-04-2012, 08:03 AM)Weasel Wrote: Just got my butt handed to me by five panthers, no infantry, no artillery, just five panthers with good fields of fire. The discouraging thing is I am suffering the same fate in another battle where once again my opponent only has panthers. Those five panthers stopped cold an infantry battalion with a troop of armour supporting coupled with 4 air strikes and 3 artillery batteries.

This brings up two points for me:

1. strict rarity must be used to even things out more; and
2. it seems the German players can only play if they have the very best armour, you never see PzIVs.

I must put in my 2 cents. I believe you are talking about the 5 panthers that I purchased.I need to point out a few issues that you made that I dont agree with.
Strict rarity is something I would have played with if you requested it.You agreed to a no groundrules game.You can't agree to a no groundrules game and then complain about strict rarity and the guy bought all panthers after you lose.You could have bought all Fireflys.How was I to know that you wouldnt?
"German players can only play if they have the very best armour, you never see PzIVs."I have played plenty of games with no tigers or panthers.I believe you purchased 2 Fireflys.Why did you buy the very best armor of the British?
But lets get to the point, even though I was defending with 5 Panthers, the game was winnable from your side and when you get crushed you blame it on rarity and German tanks,lol.You just played and attacked poorly.Das Tiger just recently delt me a total loss and I took 9 Panthers.He played better than I did, thats it.
Please don't take this personal Weasel but your attack plan was highly questionable.You brought all of your armor straight over a crest on a frontal attack with no flanking attack at all.You didnt use smoke effectively at all.Your plane attacks were a disaster.The game result would have been no different if I had 5 Pziv's.Also please get your facts correct, 6,ooo Panthers were built in WW2.Also remember rarity is what was available in Normandy, not for the war.

And for the record I play anyside under whatever groundrules are agreed upon.

09-09-2012, 05:19 AM,
(09-09-2012, 04:39 AM)weapon42 Wrote:
(09-04-2012, 08:03 AM)Weasel Wrote: Just got my butt handed to me by five panthers, no infantry, no artillery, just five panthers with good fields of fire. The discouraging thing is I am suffering the same fate in another battle where once again my opponent only has panthers. Those five panthers stopped cold an infantry battalion with a troop of armour supporting coupled with 4 air strikes and 3 artillery batteries.

2. it seems the German players can only play if they have the very best armour, you never see PzIVs.

I must put in my 2 cents. I believe you are talking about the 5 panthers that I purchased.I need to point out a few issues that you made that I dont agree with.
Strict rarity is something I would have played with if you requested it.You agreed to a no groundrules game.You can't agree to a no groundrules game and then complain about strict rarity and the guy bought all panthers after you lose.You could have bought all Fireflys.How was I to know that you wouldnt?
"German players can only play if they have the very best armour, you never see PzIVs."I have played plenty of games with no tigers or panthers.I believe you purchased 2 Fireflys.Why did you buy the very best armor of the British?
But lets get to the point, even though I was defending with 5 Panthers, the game was winnable from your side and when you get crushed you blame it on rarity and German tanks,lol.You just played and attacked poorly.Das Tiger just recently delt me a total loss and I took 9 Panthers.He played better than I did, thats it.
Please don't take this personal Weasel but your attack plan was highly questionable.You brought all of your armor straight over a crest on a frontal attack with no flanking attack at all.You didnt use smoke effectively at all.Your plane attacks were a disaster.The game result would have been no different if I had 5 Pziv's.Also please get your facts correct, 6,ooo Panthers were built in WW2.Also remember rarity is what was available in Normandy, not for the war.

9 Panthers? Big Grin How do you lose with 9 Panthers, anway? I can't imagine picking 9 pathers and not feeling guilty about it. If you win, well it's because of the crazy force you picked - and if you lose, you must not be much of a tactics guy. Just seems like it would be a hollow victory to win with an overpowered force like that.
09-09-2012, 06:10 AM,
(09-09-2012, 05:19 AM)eltorrente Wrote:
(09-09-2012, 04:39 AM)weapon42 Wrote:

9 Panthers? Big Grin How do you lose with 9 Panthers, anway? I can't imagine picking 9 pathers and not feeling guilty about it. If you win, well it's because of the crazy force you picked - and if you lose, you must not be much of a tactics guy. Just seems like it would be a hollow victory to win with an overpowered force like that.

I was defending and he played much better, no excuses.
feel guilty?nah just a game dude, so If I win its because of the crazy force pick, and if I lose its Im not a much of a tactics guy.Makes no sense at all, but whatever.How many victories do you have?5?
09-09-2012, 06:30 AM,
(09-09-2012, 06:10 AM)weapon42 Wrote: I was defending and he played much better, no excuses.
feel guilty?nah just a game dude, so If I win its because of the crazy force pick, and if I lose its Im not a much of a tactics guy.Makes no sense at all, but whatever.How many victories do you have?5?

I have probably 100 victories over the last 10 years or whatever, I don't know. Haven't played many ladder games, though.

I see that getting a win is crucial to you, and you'll do whatever you gotta do to get it. I'm not like that - I play ladder games because it's fun to be competitive, but the journey is more fun than the win or the loss at the end.

If you're proud of your do-anything-for-a-victory style of play, then there's no need to defend yourself.
09-09-2012, 06:53 AM,
(09-09-2012, 06:30 AM)eltorrente Wrote:
(09-09-2012, 06:10 AM)weapon42 Wrote: I was defending and he played much better, no excuses.

I have probably 100 victories over the last 10 years or whatever, I don't know. Haven't played many ladder games, though.

I see that getting a win is crucial to you, and you'll do whatever you gotta do to get it. I'm not like that - I play ladder games because it's fun to be competitive, but the journey is more fun than the win or the loss at the end.

If you're proud of your do-anything-for-a-victory style of play, then there's no need to defend yourself.

I like playing more than anything, and yes I like winning more than losing,who doesnt?anyone would be lying if they said they like losing.Obviosly your proud of your 100 wins, you just told us all about your 100 wins.I have no idea how you play, but you claim to know about how I play and know nothing about me.
"Do-anything-for-a-victory style of play", you have the wrong guy ." And your an idiot for making that statement.Not a much of a tactics guy."?Could'nt be further from the truth.So in your glorious 100 wins, were you trying to win or lose?
09-09-2012, 07:21 AM,
(09-09-2012, 06:53 AM)weapon42 Wrote: I like playing more than anything, and yes I like winning more than losing,who doesnt?anyone would be lying if they said they like losing.

You may have missed where I said, "I play ladder games because it's fun to be competitive, but the journey is more fun than the win or the loss at the end.

Of course it's more fun to win than to lose, otherwise there would be no competition. :)

I would rather lose a close victory with both sides having realistic forces in a back-and-forth battle, than a total victory because I picked nothing but Panthers. Seriously.

Quote:Obviosly your proud of your 100 wins, you just told us all about your 100 wins.

Well, you asked me how many victories I had. Crazy

Should I have not answered?

Quote:have no idea how you play, but you claim to know about how I play and know nothing about me.
"Do-anything-for-a-victory style of play", you have the wrong guy.

I'm basing information about how you play, which came from you.

You're the one talking proudly about picking nothing but Panthers.

Quote:" And your an idiot for making that statement.Not a much of a tactics guy."?Could'nt be further from the truth.

You said: "Das Tiger just recently delt me a total loss and I took 9 Panthers.He played better than I did, thats it."

So, I'm assuming you are, in fact, a "tactics guy"?