• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

QB PBEM Map Selection
08-31-2012, 01:14 AM,
QB PBEM Map Selection
Hey guys anyone find it pretty annoying when you start up a PBEM and have the map options set to Medium-Random with no preview available then you and your opponent spend quality time selecting forces only to be thrown into a Large Open map that looks like it is made for an Armor Vs. Armor battle?

The map being open is not a problem but the game making it Large when the game was set up for a medium map kind of is because now my troops have to travel long distances with no transport which I probably would of bought had I known the map would be large... This happens with small maps as well setting them to medium, I know the QB needs some work and patching but anyone encountered this or have some type of solution to get the map selection system to be a little more reliable?
Quote this message in a reply
08-31-2012, 05:40 AM,
RE: QB PBEM Map Selection
Well I guess I would say use the preview. When I'm doing QB battle mission in PBEM, I always consult with my opponant as to the type of match we want to play and the type of terrain we're looking for. I then, if I'm the one setting it up then use the map preview to find the right map for us. That way I know and he knows the size and type of map. If you don't use the map preview, then you are obviously taking a chance and will be stuck with what-ever the computer picks for you.

I'm trying to remember how it is done without the map preview but to be honest I can't seem to recall since it has been a while since I did not use preview.
08-31-2012, 05:57 AM,
I agree with sticking to the map preview. I always have this option turned on when setting the params of a QB. Then,if you don't like the map you can always ditch that game and start another one.
Send this user an email
09-01-2012, 02:20 AM,
Yes i had no idea you could preview maps until Raz mentioned it in our game, its well handy, thanks dude.

TTFN
09-01-2012, 04:24 AM,
Well,i mentioned about the map preview here:
https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=61491

You might find some extra useful info,too ;)
Send this user an email
09-01-2012, 08:44 AM,
Well then there is the map preview bug that I've been reading about where the deployment zones swap the Axis and Ally zones so the Attackers are closer to the Victory Location then the Defenders which is true even in ME's, if you preview the map. It's really a dice roll as to whether it happens or not...

Besides making your own maps and downloading ones made from the community has anyone tried renaming Assault and Probe maps to be used in ME's? The way the VP's and terrain is setup (usually in the defenders favor) may cause balance issues but was wondering if anyone has tried it.

After all this I would have to agree with you enigma that it's probably for the best to discuss the map with your opponent and pick one manually. A friend just picked up the game so he wanted us to go in to the battle blind for a challenge. Setting up the map manually is probably the best way so far it would seem, on the bright side v1.11 patch should be out pretty soon.