• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

confused
09-09-2012, 04:20 AM,
confused
what is the difference between a fusiller and a jager in the German oob?
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
Quote this message in a reply
09-09-2012, 04:30 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-09-2012, 04:30 AM by Compass Rose.)
RE: confused
I don't own this series however, isn't jager short for Gebirgsjäger (mountain troops)?
09-09-2012, 02:14 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-09-2012, 08:59 PM by S.A.M.)
A Fusilier unit was light Infantry, a Jaeger (Hunter) unit also was light Infantry in WW2.
In general, they were both armed with a higher percentage of smaller arms such as submachine guns etc.
and/or are not equipped with as many heavier support weapons as regular Infantry Units.

Nowadays, the designation of Fusilier has been removed from the German Bundeswehr.
09-11-2012, 01:25 AM,
so in game terms they are basically the same thing. thanks.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
09-11-2012, 03:07 AM,
One other thing
Just doing a buy and I wanted to buy a FOO. So the FOO formation costs 136 total, but the FOO = 50 and the jeep = 36 totaling 86, where does the extra 50 points come from? I also noticed the value of units changes when purchased, for example a Sherman M4A3 was listed at 197 but when purchased it jumped to 2XX, I checked the unit quality modifiers and they were set to normal.
09-11-2012, 03:41 AM,
Those 50 pts are the price of the unit,so to speak. You'll spend 50 pts for each big unit (eg: battalion) you purchase.On the other hand,the price of the troops composing that unit will be lower than if purchased separately. So,for example,if you purchase a platoon of 5 shermans you'll spend 5x xxx points + 50 points. But the xxx points you spend for a sherman will be lower than for a Sherman purchased separately and attached to an infantry company.
Send this user an email
09-11-2012, 04:08 AM,
Ahh, SP has something like that too, you always get a HQ (force commander) that costs 50pts no matter what.

Thanks.