• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

CMBN-CW question
08-12-2012, 01:17 AM,
CMBN-CW question
I'm thinking of buying the CW expansion for CMBN but just wonder will it break any of my current CMBN PBEM's if i buy it or is it best to wait until i've finished all my current PBEM games before upgrading?

Also, i guess, any users of the CW expansion care to share their thoughts on it, is it worth buying?

TTFN Matt
Quote this message in a reply
08-12-2012, 02:41 AM,
RE: CMBN-CW question
(08-12-2012, 01:17 AM)Fubar Wrote: I'm thinking of buying the CW expansion for CMBN but just wonder will it break any of my current CMBN PBEM's if i buy it or is it best to wait until i've finished all my current PBEM games before upgrading?

Also, i guess, any users of the CW expansion care to share their thoughts on it, is it worth buying?

TTFN Matt

I would wait to install until you have completed your PBEM games. Of course you could make a separate install of CMBN/CW and have the best of both worlds.

The CW expansion brings in a whole new scope of missions and campaigns and personally I found it well worth the price of purchase.
The Campaign "The Scottish Corridor" was worth the price alone IMO.

Cheers
08-12-2012, 06:37 AM,
If you have the 1.10 patch already applied to CMBN,and you most likely have it,installing CW shouldn't break any pbem game you have going.
But as Baddawg suggested,copying the CMBN files to a separate folder should spare you of any headaches.
Send this user an email
08-12-2012, 06:45 AM,
I really like the CW pack, it is what 90% of my CM games are. I only played about two games of the default US/Ger and was quickly bored. It is too bad you will have to pay higher price instead of the combo pack that I got it for.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
08-12-2012, 07:49 AM,
OK thanks for the tips guys, i will be buying CW i think because i love playing the British Army for a change.

Am i correct in thinking CMFI is a stand alone product? If so i may grab that first then while i wait to finish my CMBN PBEM's!

TTFN Matt
08-12-2012, 08:10 AM,
Yes,CMFI is stand alone. You don't need CMBN to be able to play it.
Send this user an email
08-12-2012, 10:44 AM,
(08-12-2012, 08:10 AM)raz_atoth Wrote: Yes,CMFI is stand alone. You don't need CMBN to be able to play it.

Thanks dude, CMFI is now downloading! Helmet Smile