• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Poll: How balanced you believe this scenario is?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Totally Pro Axis
0%
0 0%
Moderately Pro Axis
0%
0 0%
Slightly Pro Axis
16.67%
1 16.67%
Well Balanced
33.33%
2 33.33%
Slightly Pro Allies
16.67%
1 16.67%
Moderately Pro Allies
33.33%
2 33.33%
Totally Pro Allies
0%
0 0%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[CMFI] Scenario of the month: August - Fight at Vallebruca
09-02-2012, 07:59 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-02-2012, 08:02 PM by raz_atoth.)
RE: [CMFI] Scenario of the month: August - Fight at Vallebruca
WARNING!!!POSSIBLE SPOILER BELOW!!!

As cargol stated above,the game ended with my total victory. I voted it as 'well balanced',though.
The forces are balanced enough to allow any side to win the game,imho. Time is not the real issue here,winning the armor battle is.
In this regard,the allies come with 2 Stuarts and 1 75mm Halftrack while the axis have 1 50mm AT gun + 1x75mm Armored car + 3x20mm AC.

In our battle,i was lucky enough to choose the correct route for me.I went first for the church,then i focused on the town center. Have it been the other way around,my armor would have been engaged by cargol's AT gun and most likely destroyed. If not both my Stuarts,at least one,enough to give Dimitris a nice edge Wink Instead,my stuarts could advance unopposed towards the church,while a mortar team spotted the gun and took it out.
To make matter worse for cargol,as it turns out,the other asset which could have stopped me-the 75mm AC wasted it's HEAT ammo by area-firing on-by then -occupied by my troops church.Then,when my armor came into los all it could fire was HE ammo and was quickly destroyed.
From then on,it was just a matter of killing his unsupported infantry.

All in one,i believe this is a scenario which qualifies for H2H play.
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
09-09-2012, 04:06 AM,
The game against Herrbixx ended with a total victory for the Allies, i voted moderatly pro Allies though,imho the 50 mm gun and the 1 75 mm gun car are just not enough to stop 2 stuarts armed with a fast firing 37 mm gun and the other 20mm cars are useless against the Stuarts, and yes, my terrible setup did not help much either Helmet Wink

Well played and a big thanks to Herrbixx for a good game.
10-17-2012, 09:18 PM,
Strangewhispers achieved a total victory as the Allies in this one. My setup was poor but the forces match out fairly evenly.

I vote Slightly Pro Allies. This is not an unwinnable scenario for the Axis player but you are going to have to be on top of your game to beat the Allies here. Especially playing against a human oppo.

Thanks to strangewhispers for a good game.
10-30-2012, 04:14 AM,
I claimed a victory due to warpbemails disappearance.

So unfortunately, no vote in the poll from me, since the game never finished properly.