• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

CMFI - Tigers in QBs
08-06-2012, 07:01 PM,
CMFI - Tigers in QBs
For a medium Qb,with standard rarity,the axis player can afford to purchase exactly 2 Tigers. On the other hand,there is nothing in the american inventory which can directly match them.
The best tank the allies have is the 75mm Sherman and you can't destroy a Tiger with it unless you're very,very lucky and you manage to take a shot in it's side/rear at point blank range.
You have the 57mm AT gun which has a reasonable chance of scoring a hit if it hits the Tiger in it's side,but if it's a meeting engagement or an american attack it will be pretty much impossible to tow and deploy it in a favorable position for a side shoot.
The bazookas will be useless for the same reasons.

As i see it the tigers are pretty much invulnerable to everything in the allied inventory and this means we'll see a lot of them in QBs ;)
What tactics would you employ to counter the big cats? Or perhaps an agreement between the players that no tigers should be purchased is the best 'counter-measure'? :)

Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
08-07-2012, 06:07 AM,
RE: CMFI - Tigers in QBs
(08-06-2012, 07:01 PM)raz_atoth Wrote: As i see it the tigers are pretty much invulnerable to everything in the allied inventory and this means we'll see a lot of them in QBs ;)
What tactics would you employ to counter the big cats? Or perhaps an agreement between the players that no tigers should be purchased is the best 'counter-measure'? :)

One of the reasons I never play ME : it's false balance, in attack / defend AT guns and mines are just fine.
08-07-2012, 06:33 AM,
Not necessarily. You'll have the same issue in an attack/defend game if you're attacking with the allies. If your axis opponent purchased tigers you're pretty much toasted because you won't be able to employ mines for obvious reasons and the chances to tow and score a side hit with an AT gun are next to 0.

While the chances of taking out a Tiger in a ME are not great at all,the tiger still has to come forward to secure the central objective area and this means there is a chance it will expose it's sides.
In an attack/defend battle all you have to do is hold your tigers back and you're almost guaranteed to win.
Send this user an email
08-08-2012, 06:55 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-08-2012, 06:56 AM by eltorrente.)
Yeah, it sucks. I think the Tigers rarity should cost much more than it does now. You have to be lucky, or your opponent has to be stupid, to kill a Tiger in CMFI.

All you gotta do is hold your Tiger(s) back and slowly advance with the rest of your forces and you'll expose any possible threats. The Tiger can just hang back and blast anything and is basically invulnurable.

I think people would be smart to make an agreement beforehand to simply not use Tigers for Ladder games, since they were exceedingly rare in RL Italy anyway. Using a Tiger when the Allies can't field anything to combat them effectively is almost like cheating IMO.

I only realized this until it's too late, but for now on I'm going to have an agreement before choosing forces, and when I'm Axis I simply won't choose them because it's lame and unfair.
08-08-2012, 07:16 AM,
(08-08-2012, 06:55 AM)eltorrente Wrote: Yeah, it sucks. I think the Tigers rarity should cost much more than it does now. You have to be lucky, or your opponent has to be stupid, to kill a Tiger in CMFI.

All you gotta do is hold your Tiger(s) back and slowly advance with the rest of your forces and you'll expose any possible threats. The Tiger can just hang back and blast anything and is basically invulnurable.

I think people would be smart to make an agreement beforehand to simply not use Tigers for Ladder games, since they were exceedingly rare in RL Italy anyway. Using a Tiger when the Allies can't field anything to combat them effectively is almost like cheating IMO.

I only realized this until it's too late, but for now on I'm going to have an agreement before choosing forces, and when I'm Axis I simply won't choose them because it's lame and unfair.

Its not lame to buy a Tiger or any other weapon in this game.Its also is not cheating, thats just ridiculous.Tigers are vulnerable and die, although quite challenging to do so in CMFI.Every game should begin with the ground rules or parameters that both players agree on.If a player wants tigers, then you buy planes, or negotiate rain and wet ground, or negotiate a large map with many places to hide so you can flank his Tigers.
08-08-2012, 07:22 AM,
(08-08-2012, 07:16 AM)weapon42 Wrote: Its not lame to buy a Tiger or any other weapon in this game.Its also is not cheating, thats just ridiculous.Tigers are vulnerable and die, although quite challenging to do so in CMFI.Every game should begin with the ground rules or parameters that both players agree on.If a player wants tigers, then you buy planes, or negotiate rain and wet ground, or negotiate a large map with many places to hide so you can flank his Tigers.

Well that's the issue.. you have to negotiate and have an agreement beforehand to deal with the Tigers. If you don't then it can be pretty lopsided.
08-08-2012, 08:13 AM,
I agree that buying Tigers isn't cheating or lame. On the other hand having Tigers will give you a nice edge and i guess nobody can say otherwise :)
While i will not enforce any official rule regarding Tigers on the cmx2 ladder i strongly suggest you discuss with your opponent before the game starts (assuming it's a CMFI game) to avoid any possible issues.
Send this user an email
08-11-2012, 12:20 AM,
(08-08-2012, 08:13 AM)raz_atoth Wrote: I agree that buying Tigers isn't cheating or lame. On the other hand having Tigers will give you a nice edge and i guess nobody can say otherwise :)
While i will not enforce any official rule regarding Tigers on the cmx2 ladder i strongly suggest you discuss with your opponent before the game starts (assuming it's a CMFI game) to avoid any possible issues.

I have to agree with Raz. I have played against Tigers and killed them easily. And then I have been destroyed by them also. I once killed a Tiger from the front with a 57mm AT gun at about 100m. Lucky? Yes. But outlaw them or consider it cheating? No way.

Consider it a challenge when you encounter one. Infantry can kill them also. Their deaths can be many fold. And usually those who buy them have over confidence in their strength and use them unwisely and rash. In my experience. Including myself!

08-13-2012, 01:47 PM,
(08-08-2012, 06:55 AM)eltorrente Wrote: Yeah, it sucks. I think the Tigers rarity should cost much more than it does now. You have to be lucky, or your opponent has to be stupid, to kill a Tiger in CMFI.

I agree with you on what you are saying, I understood perfectly. I also think that best be to come to an agreement not to purchase tigers. Otherwise it is a bit like a happy Schuetzenfest for whoever is in possesion of 1 or more Tiger Tanks.