• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

making CMFI + H2Helper work
08-04-2012, 09:30 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-04-2012, 09:35 AM by Michel de Becdeli�vre.)
This Just In  making CMFI + H2Helper work
Under Windows, Battlefront moved the save files to "user space" and this confuses H2Helper.

You may get 1.6.0 to work by adding a symlink between the 2 folders :
under an administrator dos box :
(adapt the paths to your setup)

D:\Program Files (x86)\Battlefront\Combat Mission Fortress Italy>mklink /D "Game Files" "C:\Users\Michel\Documents\Battlefront\Combat Mission\Fortress Italy\Game Files"
symbolic link created for Game Files <<===>> C:\Users\Michel\Documents\Battlefront\Combat Mission\Fortress Italy\Game Files

D:\Program Files (x86)\Battlefront\Combat Mission Fortress Italy>

"works on my machine" maybe not on yours

Quote this message in a reply
08-04-2012, 09:49 AM,
RE: making CMFI + H2Helper work
You can achieve the same thing by setting the 'Installation Directory' param- when adding CMFI to H2HH (Installs->Add Install) to 'C:\Users\[Your Name]\Documents\Battlefront\Combat Mission\Fortress Italy' rather than point it to the actual folder where CMFI is install on your hard drive.
Send this user an email
08-04-2012, 09:51 AM,
(08-04-2012, 09:49 AM)raz_atoth Wrote: You can achieve the same thing by setting the 'Installation Directory' param- when adding CMFI to H2HH (Installs->Add Install) to 'C:\Users\[Your Name]\Documents\Battlefront\Combat Mission\Fortress Italy' rather than point it to the actual folder where CMFI is install on your hard drive.

I did that, but had some errors. As always YMMV.
08-04-2012, 09:56 AM,
I had some errors at first,because i didn't set the dropbox location path for CMFI,too.
This is how my settings screen for CMFI looks like and it works just fine:

[Image: 350059e47bh2hh.png]
Send this user an email
08-04-2012, 12:33 PM,
This is always the sucky part about owning a Mac, I love the computer more than PC but its always different enough to be annoying when things like this come up.
Send this user an email