• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

"In the shadow of the hill" round 2
11-14-2012, 06:55 AM,
RE: "In the shadow of the hill" round 2
The game Cargol vs. Siffo998 just ended with a British Army Total Victory.
873 - 95

Quote this message in a reply
11-15-2012, 10:22 AM,

The second round match of Naughtkris vs Blamey is over.
Blamey is having some RL issues and does not have time to complete the match. We've agreed that he has surrendered to me, which was very humble of him.

It was still too early to tell, but I did have a wide flank going on him and I'd spotted his ATG (after loosing a tank to it) and had arty set to come down on it.

So, game goes to Naughtkris through Default. Not a very honorable victory, but we had little choice. The tourney must go on.

11-26-2012, 03:06 AM,
bumpity-bump
12-20-2012, 03:41 AM,
Slow death here?

I have not had contact with my opponent: Odin in almost thirty days.

Anyone know if he is still active?
12-31-2012, 01:29 PM,
OK, I screwed up and upgraded all versions of my software to 2.0...officially barfing my game.

JohnsyFGM and I have agreed that, given my actions and the tactical situation, I would proffer a major defeat, which I have done.

Fine fellow and enjoyed the battle.

Regards,

Jim
"Cyrano"
:/7)
12-31-2012, 11:42 PM,
whats the latest in this tornament, does not seem to be much progress recently! I have finished round 2 and am itching to get going again.
01-01-2013, 01:32 AM,
I should be able to launch the third phase in the next 2 weeks or so. I have some spare time this month,so if everything goes as planned,phase 3 should be around the corner.
Send this user an email
01-13-2013, 05:52 AM,
bumpity bump bump
01-20-2013, 03:30 AM,
Just making sure I hadn't missed anything?

Best,

Jim
"Cyrano"
:/7)
01-26-2013, 02:05 PM,
I just want to say that i am quitting this tournament, it was a deeply flawed tournament to start off with, the randomness of the side and scenario allocation makes scoring meaningless, the scenarios are too long, and most are too one sided, given the scoring system being used, so all it really is, is an exercise in getting lots of people to play a certain set of scenarios as a group, which wouldn't be that appealing, even if it proceeded without the mind bending delays between each round.

I appreciate the effort put in, but my advice would be to use a better scoring system next time, namely, award passage to the next round to the players scoring in the top 50% of the Allied scores, and the top 50% of the Axis scores, that way force balance in a scenario is irrelevant, then allow all the players to play the same scenario each round, with the Axis players always playing the Axis side in every round, and vice versa, then after so many rounds, you would be left with a top Allied player, and a top Axis player, then they could play a h2h tested scenario to determine the overall winner, a bit like the superbowl.