• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Fields of Glory
07-14-2012, 11:27 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-14-2012, 11:28 AM by -72-.)
RE: Fields of Glory
WRGT: the Punic Wars issue - Leonidas here, is Paul Bruffell -you might even consider dropping him a line directly.

I don't think using XP should be an issue. If anything (generally speaking) usually I have read reports where guys using Vista and 7 have issues (and then those are usually because the old install routine always stuck things under the Program Files folder).
Bydand
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
07-14-2012, 06:48 PM,
Would love to see FoG added here! It's a nice game and I think it could even bring new members here, it has quite the dedicated fans.
07-25-2012, 07:54 AM,
I think FOG is a good system and Slitherine/Matrix have an excellent PBEM system with their PBEM+(+). FOG is simple to play, though figuring out some of the math can be a challenge (figuing out modifiers from terrain, facing, unit type, weapon type, cohesion,etc...impact vs. Melee, etc.)...luckily the game does this all for you in the background and you get a feel for it as you play. That said, it has enough depth to make it enjoyable and satisfying. If Blitz had a ladder for it, I would play.
07-25-2012, 10:57 AM,
Does it have a scenario editor?
Al Amos
Start with God - the first step in learning is bowing down to God; only fools thumb their noses at such wisdom and learning. - Proverbs 1:7 The Message
07-26-2012, 03:19 AM,
Al, Why yes it does and a darn easy to use one at that :)
07-26-2012, 08:48 AM,
I may have to get it then. Thanks!
Al Amos
Start with God - the first step in learning is bowing down to God; only fools thumb their noses at such wisdom and learning. - Proverbs 1:7 The Message
07-31-2012, 05:15 AM,
Check out the review from Armchair General: http://www.armchairgeneral.com/field-of-...review.htm
08-05-2012, 06:31 AM,
FoG is a great gaming system. You won´t need a Blitz ladder for that,
the community established many tournaments and the "League of Gentlemen" on the Slitherine FoG forum. Everybody is eligible to take part.
Very tough contest and definetely enjoyable.

Regards, Klaus

Roman

(07-31-2012, 05:15 AM)Havoc Wrote: Check out the review from Armchair General: http://www.armchairgeneral.com/field-of-...review.htm

Sic transit Gloria Mundi !
12-30-2012, 03:53 AM,
I support the idea of a FoG ladder here at the Blitz.