• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Fields of Glory
07-13-2012, 02:10 AM,
c_Question Mark  Fields of Glory
Is the Fields of Glory game system by Slitherine going to be added to this ladder in the future?
Quote this message in a reply
07-13-2012, 02:21 AM,
RE: Fields of Glory
Currently there are no plans on it being added. This is based upon the fact that no one is talking about the game in the forums. If it turned in a very active topic and we were approached about adding it, we would be more than happy to consider it.
07-13-2012, 03:02 AM,
Is there a demo for the game, i tried looking but found nothing, as i like the look of it but i hear its a very simplistic game which put me off buying it so far! I have Punic Wars by HPS but so far i cant get the game to run without doing odd things which is a shame as i love the Ancient Rome setting.

TTFN Matt
07-13-2012, 03:15 AM,
Have you contacted HPS support?

[email protected]
07-13-2012, 03:24 AM,
(07-13-2012, 03:15 AM)Compass Rose Wrote: Have you contacted HPS support?

[email protected]

Nope, i'm guessing its just that i use poor old XP Pro and my PC is old too.
The game installs fine but when i play a game the interface starts doing strange things then i normally loose the ability to give orders to any units.

07-13-2012, 03:30 AM,
I'm running XP on a desktop and a note book however, I don't own any of the AW titles. All of my HPS and JTS games run fine, even the newest releases.

07-13-2012, 05:41 AM,
(07-13-2012, 03:24 AM)Fubar Wrote:
(07-13-2012, 03:15 AM)Compass Rose Wrote: Have you contacted HPS support?

[email protected]

Nope, i'm guessing its just that i use poor old XP Pro and my PC is old too.
The game installs fine but when i play a game the interface starts doing strange things then i normally loose the ability to give orders to any units.

Are you playing the Carthaginian side when this happens? I only recently found out that each nationality in the Carthaginian army must be given movement orders seperately, with selecting the advance turn after each group. I thought my game had gone buggy because I could give orders to some units, but not others.

07-13-2012, 05:47 AM,
(07-13-2012, 05:41 AM)Havoc Wrote: Are you playing the Carthaginian side when this happens? I only recently found out that each nationality in the Carthaginian army must be given movement orders seperately, with selecting the advance turn after each group. I thought my game had gone buggy because I could give orders to some units, but not others.

Well that certainly sounds like the problem i had when playing, thing is if i remember right i was playing the Romans in the tutorial battle, maybe i'll give it another try and see what happens. Thanks.

TTFN Matt

07-13-2012, 05:48 AM,
(07-13-2012, 02:21 AM)Compass Rose Wrote: Currently there are no plans on it being added. This is based upon the fact that no one is talking about the game in the forums. If it turned in a very active topic and we were approached about adding it, we would be more than happy to consider it.

I am planning on buying the original game based on a recommendation from a friend. I like the IGOUGO format better than simultaneous when it comes to PBEM. I'll post my thoughts on it once I've bought it and had time to evaluate it.
07-14-2012, 06:50 AM,
[/quote]

Well that certainly sounds like the problem i had when playing, thing is if i remember right i was playing the Romans in the tutorial battle, maybe i'll give it another try and see what happens. Thanks.

TTFN Matt

[/quote]

Also, if the units are "fixed", you can't give them orders to move (I believe).