• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

RS "The Battle of Hainan Island" - Need One Playtester!
07-04-2012, 12:40 PM,
RE: RS "The Battle of Hainan Island" - Need One Playtester!
Would some kind soul send me the relevant files? The download gives me something called a .rar file...never heard of such a thing.
Quote this message in a reply
07-04-2012, 01:02 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-04-2012, 01:04 PM by junk2drive.)
rar is a compression just like zip. You can download winrar for free but later it will bug you to buy it.

I'll zip the files and attach them here.
Here are the files in a zip

Attached Files
.zip   Hainan.zip (Size: 6.61 KB / Downloads: 2)
07-04-2012, 06:26 PM,
If anyone is still waiting, I'll give it a go.
07-04-2012, 09:53 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-04-2012, 09:54 PM by Kool Kat.)
Gents: Smoke7

Wow! I'm really shocked and encouraged at the level of interest in testing my RS "The Battle of Hainan Island!" I did not think many folks were playing Rising Sun scenarios? Idea2

Again, I caution players that this current version is still "rough" around the edges... so it may play accordingly?

I expect there may be significant changes in the next version... based on test game feedback.

Again, many thanks for your interest! Big Grin2

Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
07-04-2012, 10:32 PM,
We RS fans are patiently waiting for the update to RS sometime in the next 20 years.
07-05-2012, 01:30 AM,
What exactly does RS need? Maybe an interim update would suffice? I think EF got the most out of any updates, but what does RS require, could someone provide a list?!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
07-05-2012, 01:50 AM,
As I understood, there are improvements in EF that haven't made it into WF and RS. Those things will make it in to WF in the 1.05 update which won't be done until MW is released. So how much longer after that for RS updates in 1.06?
07-05-2012, 06:27 AM,
(07-04-2012, 07:58 AM)Warhorse Wrote: Dang, wish I didn't have so many games going, looks like a blast, Mike!! I wanted to make some Sino-Nippon battles, not enough of them IMO!

Thanks Mike! Smoke7

I was looking to design an early war Japanese versus Chinese battle... and came across accounts of this battle. Once, I viewed maps and discovered the interesting terrain features - especially how the city of Sanya is divided by water - I was sold on it! Big Grin2

Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
07-05-2012, 10:56 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-05-2012, 10:58 AM by K K Rossokolski.)
For reasons totally incomprehensible to me, RS seems to be held in some degree of contempt by many CS devotees. I personally am particularly devoted to the lovely work of Mr. Guberman, who seems to have dropped offf the board, as it were
(07-04-2012, 06:26 PM)Wolfman Wrote: If anyone is still waiting, I'll give it a go.
Send me your move, mate
[email protected]

(07-04-2012, 01:02 PM)junk2drive Wrote: rar is a compression just like zip. You can download winrar for free but later it will bug you to buy it.

I'll zip the files and attach them here.
Here are the files in a zip

Thanks, mate.
07-05-2012, 11:02 AM,
Man, I love RS!! Will try to breathe some life into it after I free up some time, needs a lot of work. A lot of possibilities, I KNOW you love it, Rod!!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/