• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

RS "The Battle of Hainan Island" - Need One Playtester!
07-03-2012, 12:58 AM,
New Game  RS "The Battle of Hainan Island" - Need One Playtester!
Gents: Smoke7

I am looking for one play test opponent to help me take my newest RS scenario - "The Battle of Hainan Island" through its initial shakeout! :)

Scenario has NOT been play tested against either the AI (unable to manage landing craft movement) or human opponents. I want to conduct an initial play test (mirror games) to spot any glaring errors... preferably before more players decide to help play test.

I've uploaded the game file to the CS H2H Testing area so my test play opponent will receive bonus points for helping with the initial shake out mirror games!

First player to respond gets the mirror games!

You may access and download the game files HERE.

IMO, it's an interesting early war scenario, about a little known battle, between the Japanese and Chinese!

The Battle of Hainan Island

February 11, 1939

Sanya, Hainan Island, off southern China: [H2H] [HISB] [GB]: The Second Sino-Japanese War (July 7, 1937 - September 2, 1945) was the result of a Japanese imperialist policy to dominate China and secure its economic resources - especially food and labor. Initially, the Japanese armies scored major victories in Shanghai and by the end of 1937 captured the Chinese capital of Nanking. The Japanese navy initiated a blockade of the Chinese coast, in an effort to stop the flow of supplies and munitions from reaching Chaing Kai-Shek's Nationalist Chinese (KMT) forces that were battling the Japanese for control of the Chinese interior. In early 1939, the Japanese looked to close one of the remaining gaps in their blockade of China. The island of Hainan, is located off southern China. Japanese occupation of Hainan would cause the Chinese to lose all capabilities to import supplies by sea via any southern ports still under Chinese control. The island had a population of over 2 million and was guarded by a small force, 5th Security Brigade of the Chinese 152nd Division, Xiuying Battery, and a few battalions of poorly trained militia. As night decended on 9 February, 1939, Vice Admiral Nobutake Kondo's Japanese 5th Fleet, arrived off Qinghai Bay, Hainan. At 1200 hours on 10 February, Special Naval Landing Forces troops were disembarked at the city of Haikou, on the northern coast of Hainan. On 11 February, Japanese SNLF troops landed at the city of Sanya on the southern coast, with plans to capture the city and move insland to secure key objectives within the island interior. Air close support missions were flown by carrier aircraft from the Akagi and Chiyoda. Naval support fire was provided by the crusiers Nagara and Natori. The defending Chinese 5th Brigade, was caught off guard by the sight of Japanese troop barges, churning through the waters of the South China Sea, toward landing beaches near Sanya, But, the Chinese recovered quickly and rushed troops to the threatened sectors. By the end of the day, the fate of Sanya would be decided. [All] [No EA] [No VV] [Special rule - no Banzai]

Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
07-03-2012, 01:00 AM,
RE: RS "The Battle of Hainan Island" - Need One Playtester!
I`m in Mike
Antoni ChmielowskigGames Played : WiTP-AE, TOAW3,Gary Grigsbys War in The East/ War In The West
07-03-2012, 01:48 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-03-2012, 01:49 AM by Kool Kat.)
(07-03-2012, 01:00 AM)Antoni Chmielowski Wrote: I`m in Mike

Hey Toni: Smoke7

Very good sir and many thanks! Big Grin

Please be sure to download and install the game files!

I'll send you the 2x first turns shortly!

Looking forward to it! Big Grin2

Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
07-03-2012, 06:21 AM,
Anyone else?

20 turns, SM 4

At least a turn a day, more on the 4th.
07-03-2012, 08:31 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-03-2012, 08:33 PM by Kool Kat.)
(07-03-2012, 06:21 AM)junk2drive Wrote: Anyone else?

20 turns, SM 4

At least a turn a day, more on the 4th.

Hey Paul: Smoke7

Thanks for stepping up! Big Grin

Hopefully, another player will respond to your post? Idea2

It's an opportunity to play a new... never before played RS scenario battling either the Japanese or Chinese.

And, of course, receive bonus points for a completed and submitted H2H test report! Big Grin2
Send this user an email
07-03-2012, 10:36 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-03-2012, 10:52 PM by Kool Kat.)
Gents: Smoke7

Here are a couple screen shots from my RS "The Battle of Hainan Island."

(1.) This pic shows the Chinese defenses in Sanya and some of the northern and southern landing beaches. The vanguard of the Japanese troop barges can be seen just coming into view (left).

[Image: c6fdd87e44Battle%20of%20Hainan%20Island1.jpg]

(2.) This pic shows the Chinese reinforcements that were being rushed to Sanya. The outskirts of Sanya may be seen (left).

[Image: 4d3bbdd19fBattle%20of%20Hainan%20Island2.jpg]
Send this user an email
07-04-2012, 04:10 AM,
I'll test it.

Gary
07-04-2012, 07:46 AM,
Email sent through the blitz system. I could not attach a file there but will do that here. I'll be home later.

Attached Files
.zip   !!!PaulVsGaryRS.bte.zip (Size: 1.74 KB / Downloads: 4)
07-04-2012, 07:58 AM,
Dang, wish I didn't have so many games going, looks like a blast, Mike!! I wanted to make some Sino-Nippon battles, not enough of them IMO!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
07-04-2012, 09:18 AM,
I'll be in it.... someone not yet committed send me an email
[email protected]