• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Combat Mission Fortress Italy
06-23-2012, 05:06 AM,
Anyone else see the new news about the new modules coming out?

Check out the new features.
Quote this message in a reply
06-23-2012, 05:45 AM,
RE: Combat Mission Fortress Italy
I just pre-ordered it. Looks great.
06-23-2012, 07:51 AM,
The map editing-creation features are worth it alone. Also, I saw that the beloved "cover arc for armor only" is back.
06-23-2012, 08:49 AM,
As is movable waypoints.
06-24-2012, 04:11 AM,
I'd be damned! I'm out for a couple of days and what i see when i get back on the BFC's front page? "Combat Mission: Fortress Italy" Big Grin

"Target Armor Arc Command" is in,too!!!!
Send this user an email
06-24-2012, 08:40 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-24-2012, 08:42 AM by enigma6584.)
(06-23-2012, 05:45 AM)Nort Wrote: I just pre-ordered it. Looks great.

Yeah...I preordered as well. I have way too much fun with this series. TEEHEE
(06-24-2012, 04:11 AM)raz_atoth Wrote: I'd be damned! I'm out for a couple of days and what i see when i get back on the BFC's front page? "Combat Mission: Fortress Italy" Big Grin

"Target Armor Arc Command" is in,too!!!!

Yeah, and the new features which we will get with CMFI will also be added to CMBN as a patch-upgrade. Those Italian TO&Es are going to be interesting to play with. I read at the BF forums that the Italians do not have radios at platoon level so C2 is going to make it quite interesting.TEEHEE
06-26-2012, 04:42 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-26-2012, 04:43 AM by Wicked Pete.)
The terrain will give armor jockies a headache.
06-26-2012, 10:15 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-26-2012, 10:15 PM by Richie61.)
Plus we now see they are working on CM: Eastern Front 1, Shock Force 2 and Normandy Module 2

http://ww.battlefront.com/community/show...ostcount=1

Winner
"Ideals are peaceful. History is violent."
07-15-2012, 03:41 AM,
Quote:Yeah, and the new features which we will get with CMFI will also be added to CMBN as a patch-upgrade.

That's awesome! I still have not bought CW, can someone please confirm that all the units from CM:BN are playable in the CW module and that with CM:FI we will be able to use them as well? Mainly just for creating interesting QB's, for example would I be able to buy a Wespe to use for a standard Normandy mission and so on? Thanks.
07-15-2012, 05:41 AM,
(07-15-2012, 03:41 AM)rampantone Wrote:
Quote:Yeah, and the new features which we will get with CMFI will also be added to CMBN as a patch-upgrade.

That's awesome! I still have not bought CW, can someone please confirm that all the units from CM:BN are playable in the CW module and that with CM:FI we will be able to use them as well? Mainly just for creating interesting QB's, for example would I be able to buy a Wespe to use for a standard Normandy mission and so on? Thanks.

If you buy the CW module, you will be able to play all forces from CMBN and the module (since the module is an extension of the base game CMBN).

You will not be able to use the forces in either CMBN and the CW module in CMFI, since this is a new base game, and base games are incompatible by design in the CMx2 engine. With the way forward as laid out by BFC, we will never have one game with all the content, but many games with a lot of content. Also, all base game (and their modules) will be able to be upgraded to later versions of the engine.

Hope this wasn't too confusing.

Cheers,

Mad Mike