• Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Possible F14 tourney?
07-20-2012, 06:55 AM,
RE: Possible F14 tourney?
(07-19-2012, 06:23 AM)Foul. Wrote: Would prefer a team game tourney
burroughs
tquinn

Actually, I think that this was interest in a team game, not a team game tourney.

I would also be interested in a possible team game. (Or a tourney, whichever starts first.)
Quote this message in a reply
07-20-2012, 09:19 AM,
I plan on getting F'14 next month when i get paid next, so if the small scenario tourney hasn't started by then count me in plz. Helmet Smile

TTFN Matt
07-20-2012, 09:30 AM,
(07-20-2012, 09:19 AM)Fubar Wrote: I plan on getting F'14 next month when i get paid next, so if the small scenario tourney hasn't started by then count me in plz. Helmet Smile

TTFN Matt

No problem, added. ;)
07-20-2012, 10:46 AM,
(07-20-2012, 09:30 AM)Foul. Wrote:
(07-20-2012, 09:19 AM)Fubar Wrote: I plan on getting F'14 next month when i get paid next, so if the small scenario tourney hasn't started by then count me in plz. Helmet Smile

TTFN Matt

No problem, added. ;)

Count me in too, ok? jonny Helmet Rolleyes
07-21-2012, 06:01 AM,
(07-20-2012, 10:46 AM)jonnymacbrown Wrote: Count me in too, ok? jonny Helmet Rolleyes
Added to list. :)
07-21-2012, 06:27 AM,
I have the game but never played it. I am happy to play in a tournament and would like to play in it if it gets going.

Hate to be negative but what happend to the existing unfinished tournaments.Rolling Eyes

i
07-21-2012, 08:00 AM,
(07-21-2012, 06:27 AM)Barbarrossa. Wrote: I have the game but never played it. I am happy to play in a tournament and would like to play in it if it gets going.
Ok i have added you to the list
(07-21-2012, 06:27 AM)Barbarrossa. Wrote: Hate to be negative but what happend to the existing unfinished tournaments.Rolling Eyes
Since taking over the running of the club i have been unfortunately drawn away from actively running this ladder and left the tourneys in the hands of Sergio so i am not in the loop with the existing tourneys, if they have ground to a halt i will have to try to contact Sergio to find out what the situation is?

07-24-2012, 04:36 AM,
I think it would have to take some due consideration to find balanced scenarios for this game. They are all historically accurate but that doesn't mean both sides have an equal chance to win. For example, the Mons scenario is a tough go for the Germans, and the Belgian sortie out of Antwerp seems impossible. Comments anyone? jonny :whis:Mex Big Grin
07-24-2012, 05:22 AM,
(07-24-2012, 04:36 AM)jonnymacbrown Wrote: I think it would have to take some due consideration to find balanced scenarios for this game. They are all historically accurate but that doesn't mean both sides have an equal chance to win. For example, the Mons scenario is a tough go for the Germans, and the Belgian sortie out of Antwerp seems impossible. Comments anyone? jonny :whis:Mex Big Grin
It is my opinion from play testing almost all the small/ medium F14 scenarios, that they are all quite well balanced if both players are of equal ability and use the appropriate tactics for this title (one example is using PzC type "mega stacks" and suffering horrendous losses) and the correct optional rules, this is very important point as i have tested a scenario against Ed that ended with a hard fought minor loss/draw/minor win (Mons being a good example) and seemed well balanced, i have then played the same scenario against another player and achieved an easy victory due to their inexperience, poor tactics or a mixture both.

No amount of play testing will solve this issue, i am sure the players who suffered a heavy loss also thought the scenario was unbalanced, on occasions we have switch sides and guess what, yup the side that had no chance first time round starts doing rather well. ;)
07-24-2012, 05:32 AM,
(07-24-2012, 05:22 AM)Foul. Wrote:
(07-24-2012, 04:36 AM)jonnymacbrown Wrote: I think it would have to take some due consideration to find balanced scenarios for this game. They are all historically accurate but that doesn't mean both sides have an equal chance to win. For example, the Mons scenario is a tough go for the Germans, and the Belgian sortie out of Antwerp seems impossible. Comments anyone? jonny :whis:Mex Big Grin
It is my opinion from play testing almost all the small/ medium F14 scenarios, that they are all quite well balanced if both players are of equal ability and use the appropriate tactics for this title (one example is using PzC type "mega stacks" and suffering horrendous losses) and the correct optional rules, this is very important point as i have tested a scenario against Ed that ended with a hard fought minor loss/draw/minor win (Mons being a good example) and seemed well balanced, i have then played the same scenario against another player and achieved an easy victory due to their inexperience, poor tactics or a mixture both.

No amount of play testing will solve this issue, i am sure the players who suffered a heavy loss also thought the scenario was unbalanced, on occasions we have switch sides and guess what, yup the side that had no chance first time round starts doing rather well. ;)
Ok let's see what happens! LOL