Quote this message in a reply
07-19-2012, 01:06 AM,
RE: Possible F14 tourney?
Bump

I'm interested

07-19-2012, 01:51 AM,
WW1 is not my cup of tea, but as far as VM is concerned, why not let him play? If he whoops you, it may still help you by learning something and with him playing, it may help him notice something that could be instituted or improved upon.

As for team games, it would be cool to someday have a team game tourney in chronological order. As in Campaign Series, you could have people sign up as either axis or allies and that is the side they will play through the whole tourney. Team sizes would vary from one campaign to the next depending on the amount of troops involved, some may be two players and others may be 4 or 5. Also, people could come and go as per personal availability due to real life interruptions. You could have several campaigns/battles going on at the same time or just a few.

Another idea, keeping with the axis/allied team concept would be to have somebody with time and good judgement to start with a title and compile a series of smaller battles and make a list for every title putting them in chronological order, and pretty much playing an abstract ww2 campaign, again, where people come and go due to responsibilities. Somebody may be able to play the first one, but not available again until 8 or 9 games into the war. Have a CinC for each side delegate to an available cdr what battle he will play.

Sorry for rambling, just a couple passing ideas.
07-19-2012, 04:34 AM,
(07-19-2012, 01:51 AM)Outlaw Josey Wales Wrote: WW1 is not my cup of tea, but as far as VM is concerned, why not let him play?

This was a joke, because Ed (VM) is the one who designed the FWWC game, and the poster wanted him to keep his nose to the grindstone, putting out the next title.
07-19-2012, 06:23 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-21-2012, 07:56 AM by Mr Grumpy.)
As far as i can see we have......

Interested in standard small scenario tourney
larsonney
Fortynslow
RickyB
Liebchen
Maseda
KG_RangerBooBoo
scots greys
Hog of War
Witblitz
Ivan
Fubar
jonnymacbrown
Barbarrossa.

Would prefer a team game tourney
burroughs
tquinn

Joker in the pack
Volcano Man
07-19-2012, 05:30 PM,
I am interested as well - -Small Scen tourney
07-19-2012, 10:00 PM,
I'm interested. Like WWI.
07-20-2012, 05:14 AM,
Sounds good, glad to be the wild card. I was so eager to play F14 at the offer, but the more I think about it now the more I know how much time I don't have. So it is probably better that I don't participate, or at least keep me as wild card and ask me if I am about to at the moment it starts. :(
Send this user an email
07-20-2012, 05:54 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-20-2012, 05:56 AM by Mr Grumpy.)
(07-19-2012, 05:30 PM)Witblitz Wrote: I am interested as well - -Small Scen tourney

Added to the list. ;)
(07-19-2012, 10:00 PM)Ivan Wrote: I'm interested. Like WWI.

Great stuff, added as well. ;)
(07-20-2012, 05:14 AM)Volcano Man Wrote: Sounds good, glad to be the wild card. I was so eager to play F14 at the offer, but the more I think about it now the more I know how much time I don't have. So it is probably better that I don't participate, or at least keep me as wild card and ask me if I am about to at the moment it starts. :(
Who said "wild card"? I was correct the first time with Joker in the Pack!! LOL Big Grin

Seriously though i agree with you, i will see how you are fixed if we ever get started.
07-20-2012, 06:13 AM,
I don't care what anyone else says about Ed and Darran's F'14 playing ability! Rolling Eyes

Since no one else wants them, I guess I'll take one for the "team" and will allow them to both play on my team! LOL