• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Poll: Should Lapland War Mod have a ladder?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
No. LWM should not have a ladder at all.
0%
0 0%
Yes. LWM should have a ladder of its own.
0%
0 0%
Yes. LWM should be part of EF2 ladder.
100.00%
9 100.00%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Separate Ladder For Lapland Mod?
06-13-2012, 02:27 AM,
RE: Separate Ladder For Lapland Mod?
Had a look how it plays out currently... Lots of old games in the ladder selection list...

Possibly you could mark the "Do_not_use_for_reporting_games" selection with a prefix of "z_", to have the active games in the beginning of the list?

e.g.

z_EFCD1_do not use for reporting games
z_EFFOTR_do not use for reporting games
z_EF_do not use for reporting games
Visit us at CSLegion.com
Quote this message in a reply
06-13-2012, 04:44 AM,
(06-13-2012, 02:27 AM)Battle Kat Wrote: Possibly you could mark the "Do_not_use_for_reporting_games" selection with a prefix of "z_", to have the active games in the beginning of the list?

e.g.

z_EFCD1_do not use for reporting games
z_EFFOTR_do not use for reporting games
z_EF_do not use for reporting games

I'll ask about that one. I'm not sure if renaming those will mess up old entries or not.

db
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
06-13-2012, 07:48 PM,
Uh, as I recall you do not want to mess with that. :fireman:
But, it is long ago and my memory escapes me. It might have something to do with the old site. But, I am not sure.

Cheers4

HSL
06-14-2012, 10:39 AM,
(06-13-2012, 07:48 PM)Herr Straßen Läufer Wrote: Uh, as I recall you do not want to mess with that.

Yeah, I agree. Raz is going to take a look when he has time.

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
06-14-2012, 11:44 AM,
You seem to me to be heading to a new ladder for a campaign which was part of the Eastern theatre. In which case, to be consistent, we need to have a separate ladder for the Polish campaign, for West Front we had better set up ladders for the Norwegian Campaign, the North African Front, the Greek Front....need I go on to RS?
Absurd idea.
06-14-2012, 01:13 PM,
(06-14-2012, 11:44 AM)K K Rossokolski Wrote: You seem to me to be heading to a new ladder....

Not sure where you're getting that idea from, unless I'm misunderstanding what's being asked for. You guys want this to be set up as part of the CS ladder, correct? So when someone posts a game it can be reported as Campaign Series / then "The Lapland War" mod / then whatever Lapland scenario—but still part of the overall CS ladder?

Same way we did Warhorse modifications?

If you'd prefer the scenarios to just be lumped in as "EF", then I don't see where you need anything in the way of altering the game reporting/ladder structure. If that's the case I'm not sure why Petri was asking for moderator help(?)

Anyway, it's all good, just let me know what you want me to do, if anything and apologies if I'm not quite understanding this.

Dave
Send this user an email
06-14-2012, 01:17 PM,
I think the main thing is to prevent people from trying to play a scenario that requires additional files in order to work.

You need the Lapland mod installed in EF in order to play the Lapland scenarios.
06-14-2012, 04:52 PM,
(06-14-2012, 01:13 PM)Scud Wrote: You guys want this to be set up as part of the CS ladder, correct? So when someone posts a game it can be reported as Campaign Series / then "The Lapland War" mod / then whatever Lapland scenario—but still part of the overall CS ladder?

Same way we did Warhorse modifications?

If you'd prefer the scenarios to just be lumped in as "EF", then I don't see where you need anything in the way of altering the game reporting/ladder structure. If that's the case I'm not sure why Petri was asking for moderator help(?)

Anyway, it's all good, just let me know what you want me to do, if anything and apologies if I'm not quite understanding this.

Dave

The fact is that I did not know what I was asking for Jester

I thought the Korean Mod and Ktalan Mod ladders were cumbersome and difficult to implement, hence I thougth it would be easier to just lump LWM scenarios into regular EF ladder.

Now that I actually understand the structure I fully agree that LWM should be a sub-ladder within JTCS. As junk2drive points out, it does require separate files to enable it. Also the purpose of LW is changing as we speak, as even if Finnish OOB would be part of JTCS 1.5 the mod is now becoming a vehicle for adding new Allied countries to EF2.

France, UK and US are there, Germany is being worked upon, and now it seems likely I would later in the summer/ autumn combine Vichy French units with French units, possibly having access to Boisforas' Indochina units as well.

And maybe it does not stop there either?

So yes, I would now define my request for a EF ladder as a sub-ladder of JTCS. Cheers6
Visit us at CSLegion.com
06-14-2012, 07:01 PM,
Finland is part of the war in the east and there is no need for a separate ladder. Even if western allied units are included to make hypothetical scenarios it is still East Front?

That being said, the use of the word ladder may be out of place. As long as the scenarios are JTMCS scale they will fit well within the current system.

cheers

HSL
06-14-2012, 08:27 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-14-2012, 08:30 PM by Crossroads.)
(06-14-2012, 07:01 PM)Herr Straßen Läufer Wrote: Finland is part of the war in the east and there is no need for a separate ladder. Even if western allied units are included to make hypothetical scenarios it is still East Front?

That being said, the use of the word ladder may be out of place. As long as the scenarios are JTMCS scale they will fit well within the current system.

cheers

HSL

Indeed, the word "ladder" is the problem as I had false assumptions as how the ladders are set up.

Finland is definitively part of East front from historic point of view.

Lapland War Mod requires an installation before its scenarios can be played. As it is likely to turn out, LWM is evolving something bigger than what would be included in the JTCS 1.5. This supports the view for a separate sub-ladder within Campaign Series:

Report a game -> Campaign Series -> Lapland War (A JTCS Modification)

On the other hand, the scenarios would represent standard East Front scenarios, both historical, what-ifs, and hypothetical. From that point of view alone, it could be considered to be part of standard East Front ladder:

Report a game -> Campaign Series -> The Matrix Games version of East Front.

Again, my original poll was based on a false assumption that creating a separate (sub-) ladder would not be a feasible option.

I guess I would be now of the mind that it should be a separate ladder within JTCS, as not everyone will install the mod?

Also I guess my original poll just become obsolete as it can be interpreted in too many ways. My apologies.

Visit us at CSLegion.com