• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads
Forums
Separate Ladder For Lapland Mod? - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards)
+-- Forum: The Firing Line (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Campaign Series (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Separate Ladder For Lapland Mod? (/showthread.php?tid=62027)

Pages: 1 2 3

Separate Ladder For Lapland Mod? - Crossroads - 06-10-2012

So how about it.

Lapland mod is different from Korea and K'talan, as it basically just enhances the Axis Finnish OOB to the level the other countries are on JTCS 1.4, then adds Allied Finland as well. Jason Petho is considering to include the Finnish OOBs in 1.5 update when it comes around.

Further on, the mod adds the curernt WF 1.4 versions of France, UK, and US to EF II.

Therefore, I am not sure it would need a separate ladder (if it is preferred to have one, that is.).

Therefore, again, I am currently inclined to ask the scenarios to be treated as basic EF2 scenarios... To keep things simple. I like simple things Helmet Smile

What do you think?

RE: Separate Ladder For Lapland Mod? - Herr Straße Laufer - 06-10-2012

If the scenarios are based roughly within EF2, what is the need for a separate scenario section? I think you answered your own question? Idea2

I can understand that some might want to keep K'talan separate because it is a Sci-Fi fiction based mod. Beam Me Up

Any historically based mod, ie. Korea, RS/Vietnam, Lapland that is in the CS scale should be in the scenario system and part of the CS ladder.
I've always seen actions in Finland as part of the war in the East.
Obviously Korea and Vietnam and K'talan would need their own scenario dBASE pools. Farmer

Cheers5

HSL

RE: Separate Ladder For Lapland Mod? - Crossroads - 06-10-2012

Thanks Ed,

Yes, I don't think option 2 really makes sense at all, but provided it for voting regardless. Then, it is really about choosing bw first and third options.

I am glad to find out I am not the only one opting for #3 Cheers6

RE: Separate Ladder For Lapland Mod? - K K Rossokolski - 06-12-2012

It belongs in EF, IMO.

RE: Separate Ladder For Lapland Mod? - Crossroads - 06-12-2012

Any comment from the Ladder Moderators?

RE: Separate Ladder For Lapland Mod? - Scud - 06-12-2012

We can set that up. We'll give it the same treatment as the "Warhorse" ones. Not sure how long it will take, but will let you know.

Dave

RE: Separate Ladder For Lapland Mod? - Scud - 06-12-2012

Forgot to mention, we'll need an image for the game, similar to the EF2, WF etc box shot images. Around 150 px x 150 px should be fine.

Dave

RE: Separate Ladder For Lapland Mod? - Crossroads - 06-13-2012

But it would still be part of the EF2 ladder? I (nor many others) don't see much reason for a separate ladder...

RE: Separate Ladder For Lapland Mod? - Scud - 06-13-2012

Yes, part of the CS ladder, along with EF, WF, RS and Warhorse mods.

A separate ladder is an issue, since it means a separate forum and forum mods as well. It was considered for Mike's sci-fi mod due to it's nature (would CS members mind their ladder results being pitted against sci-fi players). Since the current CS membership overwhelmingly didn't mind, it was added to CS. Had it been given it's own ladder, membership to that ladder would be watched and if interest waned, it would be let go, as too much trouble to maintain.

It's much better off as part of CS. To see how it works, pretend to report a game. In the pull down for the different CS games, you'll see Warhorse's mods listed. Yours will say something similar, ie: "Lapland War (A Battle Kat Modification)".

Dave

RE: Separate Ladder For Lapland Mod? - Crossroads - 06-13-2012

Great, I'll work on the 150 x 150 image!

There is no urgency, I will add the first scenarios as they become available from the Thunder in the North tournament. That would be at least, what, four weeks from now, maybe even longer.