• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

The US at East Front - What would you like to see?
06-20-2012, 03:15 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-20-2012, 03:56 PM by Crossroads.)
RE: The US at East Front - What would you like to see?
(06-20-2012, 07:16 AM)Herr Straßen Läufer Wrote: What we need to do hypothetical scenarios, based on the "Patton" idea of rearming German divisions to help take on the Soviets, are Allied Germans that fight alongside the Allies.

Absolutely Helmet Smile

I just need to do some testing first, as this version has been put together in quite a haste, one minute at time here and two minutes of time there.

But I will get it tested, just give me a couple of weeks to get there Timeout

As for the US equipment, what would you like to see there? Would the same US units that are considered for Boisforas' Indochina scenario do? Plus some Sherman variations at least I assume. Then those could be in for the 1.3 version of the mod.

Allied Germany is version 1.2, I want to have a clean base to build on, so will test it properly first. So remember to breathe while waiting for them, it will be a while Salute

Visit us at CSLegion.com
Quote this message in a reply
06-20-2012, 06:45 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-20-2012, 06:56 PM by Herr Straße Laufer.)
The issue with having Allied Germans, would be in the reasoning of what their units would look like.
An early, "I'll get us into a fight with them" battle might see German formations be standard German formations with German equipment.
Keeping factories going and logistics might call for German formations to use American equipment.
Germans in Jumbos and Pershings, US halftracks & trucks. Eek

I'm trying to "see" what might have been done to streamline the fighting units into the US logistics chain.

Buds

HSL
(06-20-2012, 10:51 AM)Warhorse Wrote: In answer to your query of the map issue, it won't work, unfortunately. However, just so happens I can convert any of the maps from any of the games, just will take a few hours to do it. If you guys decide on one, just let me know, I'll get on it for you!! I did quite a few already, so it's not a problem!

Mike,
My thought was to do a series of scenarios that would be based on Poland '39 and Barbarossa '41- '42 maps that exist now. Essentially fighting over the same terrain in a different period of time.
Semi accurate maps that would not have to be made from scratch. Roast Marshmellows

Could you do a rule of thumb set of instructions that even a computer illiterate, such as myself, can follow? Farmer
It would save your valuable time in the long run. You are doing so much for CS already I would hate to stall other projects or burn you out. :fireman:

Cheers2

HSL

06-20-2012, 07:21 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-20-2012, 07:21 PM by Crossroads.)
(06-20-2012, 06:45 PM)Herr Straßen Läufer Wrote: My thought was to do a series of scenarios that would be based on Poland '39 and Barbarossa '41- '42 maps that exist now. Essentially fighting over the same terrain in a different period of time.

Ed, you will be able to do this with LWM1.2 once it is out in a few weeks time. Of course installing the mod is required, and also you'd be restricted to std German unit types with 1.2.

I like your there-and-back scenarios, so hopefully this will get you going?

For LWM 1.3 I could then add some US gear to accompany them.

I've read Mike's Map conversion doc once-upon-a-time, and unfortunately it seemed like a very complicated process. But maybe it's become easier since then.
Visit us at CSLegion.com