• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

The US at East Front - What would you like to see?
06-08-2012, 03:37 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-09-2012, 03:43 AM by Crossroads.)
c_Question Mark  The US at East Front - What would you like to see?
All,

I thought I'd test the migration of the US OOB to East Front with a fun test scenario, taking a late-war EF scenario and replacing the German forces with a US side of an OOB of a late-war WF scenario.

I was thinking something in the line of Crisis in the Oder or Giants in the Vistula for the map and Soviet OOB, with the US OOB from the Still Full Of Fight?

First I'd convert the Russian OOB (Allied) into a Soviet OOB (Axis).

I'd then adjust the US forces to the level the Germans units were present in either of the scenario.

With Giants in the Vistula for an example, it could be a really fun what-if scenario with a strong US arm'd contingent liberating parts of Poland from Stalin's foes? Fun to play, and would provide an idea that the US OOB indeed should be available for EF action.

There's a ton of scenarios I haven't played though.

What do you think? What would you like to see?

Visit us at CSLegion.com
Quote this message in a reply
06-08-2012, 04:40 PM,
RE: The US at East Front - What would you like to see?
A very interesting idea, one of my personal favourites would be US/UK forces "liberating" Berlin from the Soviets - would that be possible?
06-08-2012, 07:13 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-08-2012, 07:32 PM by Crossroads.)
For the purposes of a quick test scenario by me, why not. We would just need an existing (and also fun!) Berlin EF scenario first... Does anyone know?

For a more serious What-If, perhaps one of our fine scenario designers would rise up to the challenge and create such a scenario for the community?

That's why I included the US to the LWM 1.1 in the first place: I feel there would be a whole host of exiting scenarios to be had with the new force mix now available. Helmet Smile
Visit us at CSLegion.com
06-09-2012, 01:32 AM,
Make it a Patton's Wishes scenario where his idea was acted upon to aid the Germans against Russia. Maybe the remnats of a Pz and inf div joined by a US arm and/or inf div or elements of each. Something along those lines.
06-09-2012, 02:34 AM,
Would you have a base scenario to suggest, one I could start with? I will not have time for a completely new scenario at this point of time. Later perhaps!

More I think about it the more I like the idea of "Full Of Fight In The Vistula". Especially as the next scenario would need to start with an "F". Helmet Wink

But I will not have time to start on it right now, so still open for any suggestions for a fun introduction for the US/UK troops at EF...
Visit us at CSLegion.com
06-09-2012, 06:29 AM,
I forgot a scenario I had made years ago, would be a good team game, was called Raging Bear. I think it's for WF, had France, US, Britain against Russia, later in 1945. I think Steve Malsom and myself started to play it, but not sure what happened!!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
06-10-2012, 09:44 PM,
(06-09-2012, 01:32 AM)Outlaw Josey Wales Wrote: Make it a Patton's Wishes scenario where his idea was acted upon to aid the Germans against Russia. Maybe the remnats of a Pz and inf div joined by a US arm and/or inf div or elements of each. Something along those lines.

I missed this one. I like the idea of "Allied" Germans in EF2. Or, could the Americans be "modded" into "Axis" units?
It would be better than trying to edit into an OOB captured equipment for each formation? Write
I'm a modding dunce and would not know what it would take to convert one side to another. Helpless

The thought of "The Cold War Goes Hot, Barbarossa II" scenarios does sound interesting. Roast Marshmellows

:drink:

HSL
06-10-2012, 09:53 PM,
I have Axis US in my K'talan, well, basically EVERYBODY is axis in the K'talan, except for those pesky aliens! However, an allied Germany would be good, only draw-back would be that the Special icons for seasons/time periods/theatres wouldn't work, since that is hard-wired in for Germany, but again, JSGME can remedy that!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
06-10-2012, 10:19 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-10-2012, 10:23 PM by Crossroads.)
I can add Allied Germany in to LWM 1.2 for sure. There's plenty of available Allied slots in EF II.

I would just need to test the addition of France UK and US a bit more thoroughly to ensure I have not messed up. I'll try to create test scenario one of these days. I am unfortunately terribly busy the next two weeks or so.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
06-11-2012, 02:00 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-11-2012, 02:22 AM by Crossroads.)
I'm on it... Hopefully I will have it out on a two-three weeks time...

I am considering an existing Allied slot of the Netherlands 11 for it on the EF side.

00 Soviet Union
01 Germany
02 Facist Italy
03 Axis Romania
04 Hungary
05 Finland
06 Slovakia
07 Poland
08 France WF, RS - LWM1.1 EF
09 British Empire WF, RS - LWM1.1 EF
10 United States WF, RS - LWM1.1 EF
11 Netherlands WF, RS - LWM1.2 Allied Germany
12 Belgium WF - Allied Finland LWM 1.1 EF
13 Yugoslavia
14 Norway
15 Greece
16 Vichy France
17 Allied Romania
18 Allied Italy
19 Free French
20 Nationalist China
21 Japan
22 Communist China
24 Soviet Union (Axis)
24 Bulgaria
30 Div Azul (Spain)
37 Bulgaria

Meanwhile, if any of you would be willing to create a map from the scratch, and putting LWM1.1 units of France, UK and US onto it, and let us say some Soviet troops as well, and quickly check everything appears correct? That would take just a couple of hours time for me as well, but I am using my scarce time now for the Allied Germany...

(Mike, there's a request for new, modern West Germany unit bases coming your way Helmet Wink )
Visit us at CSLegion.com