• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

The US at East Front - What would you like to see?
06-11-2012, 02:03 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-11-2012, 02:06 AM by junk2drive.)
RE: The US at East Front - What would you like to see?
Just in case someone missed it, there are post war USA vs Soviet battles in WF.
There are West German and other bases in the Cold War mod.
Quote this message in a reply
06-11-2012, 02:23 AM,
Thanks junk2drive - I will ask Panther for his permission to use them in this mod. Will save some time for sure Helmet Smile
Visit us at CSLegion.com
06-11-2012, 02:55 AM,
Can see Russian Stalins, KVs, T34s, SU85s, 100s and 122s facing off against U.S. Jumbo Shermans, M36s and Pershings, British Archers, Chieftans or Centurions (can't remember which was first) and allies aiding Germany production to continue to field Panthers, Tiger Is and IIs and the Maus. Could lend many possibilities. Same as more post ww2 stuff with actions all around the world from post ww2 to present day, many possibilities there as well. With things going the way they are today, who wouldn't want to take a force and pound the Chinese somewhere? French paras, marines and Foreign legion somewhere in Indochina or Chad or anywhere for that matter.
06-12-2012, 11:49 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-12-2012, 11:49 PM by Jason Petho.)
(06-11-2012, 02:23 AM)Battle Kat Wrote: Thanks junk2drive - I will ask Panther for his permission to use them in this mod. Will save some time for sure Helmet Smile

The Soviets were included in West Front for hypothetical engagements.

There is a scenario I designed included as part of the bootcamp scenarios that is US vs USSR.

Jason Petho

Send this user an email
06-13-2012, 03:02 AM,
Right you are, had not noticed it before.

Stuarts vs T-54s... Ouch! Whip

Glad to notice the good guys get a few M48s a bit later though... Helmet Smile
Visit us at CSLegion.com
06-17-2012, 02:31 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-17-2012, 02:44 AM by Crossroads.)
Meanwhile, somewhere in the East Front...

[Image: lwm12testscn.jpg]

[Image: lwm12testoob.jpg]

Unit bases by Mike Amos. Beautiful, just beautiful...
Visit us at CSLegion.com
06-17-2012, 04:31 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-17-2012, 04:41 AM by Crossroads.)
So now I need to create a thorough test scenario. Which late-war Soviet-vs-German scenario should I pick, and replace some of the Germans with Brits and Yanks of similar punch?

Of course, could start with a favourite stock scenario map only and then add units of choice there?

Visit us at CSLegion.com
06-20-2012, 04:41 AM,
I decided to help Boisforas with his Indochina OOB, and do not have time to test the Allied Germany for a week or two.

Would someone be interested to test it on an ad hoc scenario with variety of units, if I provide a download of the Allied Germany as it currently stands?
Visit us at CSLegion.com
06-20-2012, 07:16 AM,
(06-12-2012, 11:49 PM)Jason Petho Wrote: The Soviets were included in West Front for hypothetical engagements.

There is a scenario I designed included as part of the bootcamp scenarios that is US vs USSR.

Jason Petho

What we need to do hypothetical scenarios, based on the "Patton" idea of rearming German divisions to help take on the Soviets, are Allied Germans that fight alongside the Allies.
Maybe even a German armored division and motorized division based on US equipment?

Sparks the imagination? I'd be interested in doing some hypothetical scenarios. They'd probably be easy to do by using existing existing EFII &/or WF maps.
What happens if we try to take an EF map rename it and put it into WF? Idea2

Wine

HSL

06-20-2012, 10:51 AM,
(06-20-2012, 07:16 AM)Herr Straßen Läufer Wrote:
(06-12-2012, 11:49 PM)Jason Petho Wrote: The Soviets were included in West Front for hypothetical engagements.

Jason Petho

What we need to do hypothetical scenarios, based on the "Patton" idea of rearming German divisions to help take on the Soviets, are Allied Germans that fight alongside the Allies.
Maybe even a German armored division and motorized division based on US equipment?

Sparks the imagination? I'd be interested in doing some hypothetical scenarios. They'd probably be easy to do by using existing existing EFII &/or WF maps.
What happens if we try to take an EF map rename it and put it into WF? Idea2

Wine

HSL
Hi Ed,

In answer to your query of the map issue, it won't work, unfortunately. However, just so happens I can convert any of the maps from any of the games, just will take a few hours to do it. If you guys decide on one, just let me know, I'll get on it for you!! I did quite a few already, so it's not a problem!

Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/