• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

"In the shadow of the hill" round 1!
07-19-2012, 03:36 PM,
RE: "In the shadow of the hill" round 1!
The battle between Sabot6 and Jaws has been completed, with Jaws surrendering on the 79th turn and withdrawing from the tournament (the scenario set-up was not appealing to him, as he mentioned in an earlier post).

Anyway, I just wanted to officially let the tourney MC know that our game has been completed, but that I will be on vacation until Friday, August 3rd so I won't be able to start the next scenario until then.

Lastly, a big "Thanks!" for setting up the tournament and doing all of the legwork behind the scenes to keep it going; it's been a lot of fun so far and I appreciate all of your hard work!
Quote this message in a reply
07-20-2012, 05:22 AM,
Greetings everyone;

I got word last week that another guy got injuried and I need to replace him on the double. So I deploy sunday night.

What this means for the tourney, is that From sunday, to late Oct, My internet access is going to be hit or miss. I'll have it for a few days, then nothing for several more days, rinse and repeat.

I'd like very much to be in this second round, so I appolgize in advance to whom ever I get pair up with.
07-21-2012, 05:11 PM,

07-21-2012, 10:52 PM,
Odin and I are on our last few minutes. I am starting vacation today up until August 7th. My internet access will be spotty at best. Sorry for the delay Odin but I will try and respond anytime that I can.
07-22-2012, 09:34 PM,
Round 1 for Cargol-vs-Barre completed

German tactical victory 200-400

A good game, the farm complex on my left flank got overrun early on, and the fighting got pretty intense in the end with artilery raining down on my head but i managed to hold on to the woods.

07-22-2012, 09:39 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-22-2012, 09:39 PM by cargol.)
(07-22-2012, 09:34 PM)Barre Wrote: Round 1 for Cargol-vs-Barre completed

German tactical victory 200-400

A good game, the farm complex on my left flank got overrun early on, and the fighting got pretty intense in the end with artilery raining down on my head but i managed to hold on to the woods.
Yeah good game, altough i ve cleared the farm complex i got 100 points instead of 300 dont know why.....This cost me the game i think.
07-22-2012, 10:17 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-22-2012, 10:46 PM by noob.)
(07-22-2012, 09:39 PM)cargol Wrote: Yeah good game, altough i ve cleared the farm complex i got 100 points instead of 300 dont know why.....This cost me the game i think.

The farm constitutes 400 points total, with 200 points for occupation of the buildings, and 200 points for clearing and occupying an area around the farm.

Therefore the farm would of only given you 400 points, which is a draw, however it sounds like he had someone occupying the area round the farm, thus denying you half the points available in that area, ergo the 200 - 400 score.
07-23-2012, 05:00 AM,
It is quite a large area around the farm that needs to be cleared. I kind of like the Objective scoring setup like this. Often with small objectives I have often thought "If all I am in control of are these to buildings it is not really safe if I don't control that orchard near by or that tree line over there". And with huge objectives it is often very difficult to clear and hold the whole thing. I kind of like this split it in two and give half the points for controlling the important buildings and half for making the area around them secure.
07-27-2012, 01:48 AM,
My Opponent (Cyrano) has dropped of the face of the internet. No turns in 10 days no replies to any email attempts. All this after 63 turns. He may have gone on vacation and never thought to inform me.

How long is reasonable to have this cleared up?
07-27-2012, 05:26 PM,
No contact with antom since July 6th. I've sent an email, but no response yet. I shall try another email and hopefully we can get our game going again.

kghammer