• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

2012 Ladder scoring has problems
06-11-2012, 09:46 PM,
RE: 2012 Ladder scoring has problems
(06-11-2012, 09:39 PM)PawelM Wrote: So there are bonuses for scenario development....I wish someone said it earliier..... :)

There are point bonuses for H2H submitted scenarios only.

(06-11-2012, 09:39 PM)PawelM Wrote: Bonuses at the discretion are not listed....... Out of curiosity: Are they secret or they are made known to other club members via forum?

These bonuses are at the discretion of the individual officer. Individuals who received these bonuses are notified by the club officers.

Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
06-11-2012, 10:02 PM,
Can be Wow .... That was a very infromative crash course on the bonuses and points: I feel educated...

Do I diserve a bonus ( at the discretion) for livening up ( is this a word in English at all :) ) the thread and flaming the discussion.... I promise I will be as discrete about this bonus as much as Jester can be :)

06-11-2012, 10:43 PM,
(06-11-2012, 10:02 PM)PawelM Wrote: Can be Wow .... That was a very infromative crash course on the bonuses and points: I feel educated...

Do I diserve a bonus ( at the discretion) for livening up ( is this a word in English at all :) ) the thread and flaming the discussion.... I promise I will be as discrete about this bonus as much as Jester can be :)

Rest assured. IF there had been any "flames" raised in this thread (and there have been none to date)... such flames would have been quickly extinguished... Fiery

And no you don't deserve bonus points for creating a thread and / or contributing to it. That's just one of the perks of being a Blitzer?

However, this thread did help educate other players on Blitz bonus points... and for that I am thankful for your contributions. :)

Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
06-12-2012, 03:52 AM,
Hey what did I miss? What I'd Miss

What flames? Fire Witch

Fireworks4

Roast Marshmellows

I guess I don't get any points either? Rescue

Fuel the Fire

Cheers4

HSL
06-12-2012, 05:20 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-12-2012, 05:20 AM by PawelM.)
(06-11-2012, 10:43 PM)Kool Kat Wrote: And no you don't deserve bonus points for creating a thread and / or contributing to it.

Bummer... It was worth a shot though :)

06-12-2012, 06:49 AM,
(06-12-2012, 05:20 AM)PawelM Wrote:
(06-11-2012, 10:43 PM)Kool Kat Wrote: And no you don't deserve bonus points for creating a thread and / or contributing to it.

Bummer... It was worth a shot though :)

But... as I mentioned earlier in this thread... there is a current need for more H2H play testers. You have an opportunity to pick up bonus points (that you are interested in receiving) and, at the same time, give back to our Blitz community. I'm sure our scenario designers would appreciate your help? Idea2

You may access the games files and register for a test game HERE.
Send this user an email
06-12-2012, 07:32 AM,
(06-12-2012, 06:49 AM)Kool Kat Wrote: But... as I mentioned earlier in this thread... there is a current need for more H2H play testers. You have an opportunity to pick up bonus points (that you are interested in receiving) and, at the same time, give back to our Blitz community. I'm sure our scenario designers would appreciate your help? Idea2

You may access the games files and register for a test game HERE.

I was just being cheeky about the points LOL .... but sure can help ....

Do people find a opponent for a test game via forum post as for normal game?

06-15-2012, 12:56 AM,
After browsing this thread, here's another $.02, just to confirm that there is some diversity of opinion among us.Soap Box

I had no idea about the whole concept of "bonus points" until now, and I'm not sure I care for it. Not that it matters for anything.Salute4

I understand that many Blitzers put lots of time and effort into designing (and testing) H2H scenarios, and I applaud them. I did the same back in the prehistoric (boardgaming) era but these days can barely, guiltily, carve enough time out of my life to play CS, my favorite game system. When I dabbled in game and scenario design, recognition or reward was never the point, beyond offering other gamers information or products that might enhance their gaming... and in the work of design and development itself.

My own perspective on scenarios is that there are many H2H scenarios that I purchased from Matrix with the CS games, that I haven't yet played; I have only downloaded one additional from this site, for the WiF tournament. I am not a big consumer of new scenarios, and may not live long enough to become one. That's just my perspective, which I know is not shared by folks that have been playing these games a lot longer. But for me, the primary values of the Blitz community are the pool of potential opponents, and the fun of competition.

PBEM in a wider community then we ever had in the face-to-face gaming days is great, not least because it permits a (friendly) competitive atmosphere to be created and sustained. But if the points earned by playing (winning and [u] losing, I like that feature) are overshadowed by arbitrary and unknown bonuses, and incentive rewards for scenario design and testing, then the ladders aren't what I imagined they were at all.

Could there not be some other way to recognize these efforts, leaving the ladder to recognize competitive gaming activity only? Confused

Bill
06-15-2012, 01:09 AM,
(06-15-2012, 12:56 AM)Askari19 Wrote: Could there not be some other way to recognize these efforts, leaving the ladder to recognize competitive gaming activity only? Confused

The ladder supports all, it's merely in the way one utilizes it. If you want to know who the toughest opponent might be, click on the ELO heading. If you want to know who's won the most games, click on that heading.

"Score" facotrs in everything, including bonuses.

Possibly the solution for the yearly ladders is to make the default sort ELO(?)

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
06-15-2012, 01:23 AM,
(06-15-2012, 01:09 AM)Scud Wrote:
(06-15-2012, 12:56 AM)Askari19 Wrote: Could there not be some other way to recognize these efforts, leaving the ladder to recognize competitive gaming activity only? Confused

The ladder supports all, it's merely in the way one utilizes it. If you want to know who the toughest opponent might be, click on the ELO heading. If you want to know who's won the most games, click on that heading.

"Score" facotrs in everything, including bonuses.

Possibly the solution for the yearly ladders is to make the default sort ELO(?)

Dave

That makes sense - how is the ELO rating calculated? I could not find a description; probably right in front of me, is why... :rolleyes2: