• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

[ARCHIVED: Lapland War Mod Version 1.2 - DOWNLOADS, INSTALLATION...]
05-26-2012, 11:56 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-01-2013, 08:47 PM by Crossroads.)
[ARCHIVED: Lapland War Mod Version 1.2 - DOWNLOADS, INSTALLATION...]

LWM RELEASE 1.2 AVAILABLE NOW

LWM 1.2 is "save-game compatible" with any previous LWM or JTCS games you have on-going.

The latest version simply adds the Allied Germany as a new country to the roster.

ESPECIALLY:

Putting the LWM mod in place will NOT alter any 'vanilla JTCS' stock or custom scenario you have on-going or want to start.

Existing JTCS behaviour is not altered at all, and playing any existing or new JTCS scenarios will remain exactly as before.

"WHAT IF I DON'T LIKE IT?"

Removing the Mod is literally just one click of a mouse.

JUST GET IN. IT IS EASY AS A CAKE!

Helmet Smile

DOWNLOADS VERSION 1.2:

With Standard UI (27.3 MB):

[ARCHIVED]

With PanzerBlitz UI (29.3 MB) - for that Uber Kool Avalon Hill Experience!

[ARCHIVED]

These are complete installation packages, no earlier versions required. If you already have LWM 1.1, make sure you disable it with JSGME before enabling 1.2. See post #8 for further details when moving from an old version to a newer one.

The LWM Scenario pack (0.1MB)

...containing the following five new scenarios for LWM updated to contain the latest versions

** Across River Vuoksi LWM 1.2
** Bitter Kuuterselka LWM 1.1a
** Crusader's at Hango LWM 1.1a
** Delaying Action At Ylimaa LWM 1.1a
** Enforcing The Line LWM 1.1a

[ARCHIVED]

LAPLAND WAR MOD - WHAT IS IT?

In brief:

Lapland War Modification is an add-on installation of new Allied countries on top of an existing JTCS East Front installation.

It is 100% backwards compatible, and you can play any East Front stock or custom scenarios while it is enabled. They will play exactly as they would play without this mod in place.

With the help of Generic Mod Enabler, it installs and un-installs in seconds. You do not need to be a computer wizard to try it out.

New Features In Brief:

Lapland War Mod ("LWM") version 1.0 added JTCS 1.3 and 1.4 unit types to Finland OOB, and added an Allied Finland for the purposes of being able to design Lapland War scenarios under East Front (Allied Finland vs Axis Nazi Germany).

For LWM 1.1, UK and France were added in order to be able to create What-If scenarios for Winter War with Anglo-French Expeditionary Force making it to final battles. While adding those countries to EF, the US OOB was added as well for the purposes for more What-If scenarios under East Front.

That, in turn, triggered a request to have an Allied Germany available as well, for more What-if late-war or post-war scenarios. That was implemented into LWM 1.2.

LWM 1.0 'The Awakening'
- Axis Finland (05) with new units, then copied as a new Allied Finland (12). Historical III Army Corps OOB as it was when it entered the Lapland War in September, 1944.

And so it began... "Can I really do this?" https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=60410

LWM 1.1 'Thunder in the North'
- Axis Finland, Allied Finland: Some OOB tweaks, several new FAF plane types made available. The two Finnish OOBs continue to be identical to each other.

- Migration of the WF France OOB to EF2
- Migration of the WF UK OOB to EF2
- Migration of the WF US OOB to EF2

Work-in-progress thread for LWM 1.1 for your reading enjoyment - make sure you check the fabulous aircraft bitmaps there: https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=61908

LWM 1.2 'Storm in the East'
- Migration of the Germany OOB within EF2 (01) into an Allied Germany with country code 11 (Allied Netherlands in WF, RS)

Theatrical Trailer for LWM 1.2: https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=62167

CREDITS

- Jason Petho for his continuous support, documentation as how to 'future proof' this mod, and of course encrypting the platoon and weapon files over and over again. Thanks Jason!
- Mike Amos aka Warhorse: graphics, including the Fokker, Ju-88, MolotovSqd, Allied Finland Unit bases, exes, packaging. Thanks Mike!
- Huib Versloot: helping me to get started with scenario design and map creation with Google Earth, playtesting, ... Thanks Huib!
- Hawk Kriegsman: pushing me to right direction with infantry unit values. Thanks Erik!
- "Caspar" aka phcas, Matrix forums: Unit picture frames: "For the people who want to make more pictures, make your own". Thanks! http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2942201
- Whoever made the boxed Panzerblitz UI! It is packaged into the other download. Thanks!
- The Blitz Wargaming Club: for giving my mod a home. Thanks guys!

USING LWM MOD CONTENTS IN OTHER MODS

Using parts of my modification for creating more new and even more exciting stuff is perfectly OK and even encouraged. Just give credit to those due it, that's all there is to it especially as I was not alone in making this mod.

INSTALLING THE MOD

- Parallel EF Directories installation method (see Option B a bit further below) seems to have the potential to mess up things with Vista / Windows 7 file system, as JTCS as an old engine does not understand the new virtual features the file system does under the cover. That's at least what happened to me.

- I've been using the JSGME method (see Option A below), and I am playing vanilla EF scenarios while the mod remains enabled.

- My experience with Windows 7 is such that I recommend installing this with JSGME. It is easy, and disabling for whatever reason is really easy as well.

- If unsure about using JSGME, and especially if you also have Win XP, then perhaps consider the parallel EF directories installation as an option.

INSTALLATION - THE RECOMMENDED OPTION A: "JSGME INSTALLATION" INSTRUCTIONS

About JSGME Generic Mod Enabler Utility

My LWM uses JSGME for enabling/uninstalling the mod.

Here's more information regarding the tool if you want to learn more:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1773663

For the sake of simplifying things, I put a copy of JSGME packaged into my installation archive.

Unfortunately the tool is no longer supported by its creator, so I cannot point you to the original site anymore. But I have tested the included version extensively with W7 64 bit and it works just fine. A download is available e.g. here: http://www.gamefront.com/files/21681483 and here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downloads...le&id=3759

Installation

1. Download the zip file and save it to your disk.
2. Unzip the contents of the zipped archive.
3. Copy-Paste the \MODS folder with all its subfolders into your \John Tiller Campaign Series root folder. That's right, into the very root folder of the game.
4. Put the JSGME.exe into the same root folder as well:

[Image: Folderstructure.jpg]

5. Double-click the JSGME.exe to open up the utility now available in the \John Tiller Campaign Series root folder.
6. Accept the MODS as the default folder for the JSGME tool
7. Observe the available Mods on the left window, select EF - Lapland War Mod 1.2 and LWM Scenario Pack, and click on the arrow to move them to right side window, then press OK. And that's it, you've installed the Mod!

[Image: jsgme2.jpg]
Picture: Please note in v1.2 the mod is called: "EF - Lapland War Mod 1.2", and the scenarios are in "EF - LWM Scenario Pack"[/size]

8. It will take some 30 - 60 seconds for the tool to copy all the necessary files into your East Front directory.
9. Start JTCS East Front, it will now have the LWM 1.1a within it.
10. You should still be able to play any vanilla EF game scenario, while having the added capability of playing LWM1.1 scenarios as well!

11. Uninstall simply by opening up the JSGME and move the LWM 1.1a back to left side, then press OK.
12. Any original East Front files replaced by LWM1.1a are now back in the East Front folder, with all LWM1.1a contents back at the MODS folder.

INSTALLATION - OPTION B: "PARALLEL EF DIRECTORIES" INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

Using JSGME is really simple. But if you want to do it this way instead, well, it is a free world isnt' it! Simply:

1. Copy the East Front directory and Paste it within the same JTCS root folder.
2. Rename the new East Front - Copy folder, created in step 1, as East Front LWM 1.1a
3. Navigate into East Front folder of the LWM1.1a download ( \MODS\LWM 1.1a\East Front ), and copy all the contents including the two subfolders into East Front LWM 1.1a folder you created in step 2. Allow for overwriting existing files.
4. Create a short cut of the East Front.exe in the East Front LWM 1.1a folder to your desktop.
5. Click the shortcut, which should launch the EF main menu, pointing now to LWM 1.1a .

KNOWN ANOMALIES

Most known bugs are fixed, apart of JTCS Unit Viewer behaviour which remains an issue also with the latest 1.2 version of the mod.

- JTCS Unit Viewer does not work for East Front countries for some reason with LWM mod in place. Still trying to figure out why not...

- The Allied German alternative bitmaps with Desert, Winter camo etc are not automatically enabled. This is due to JTCS code that allows this functionality for vanilla Germany only (country code 01). I am in the process of selecting a certain camo pattern for Allied Germany units, until then we are stuck with plain unit bitmaps / camo patterns.

Having issues? Please post them here: https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=61957
Visit us at CSLegion.com
Quote this message in a reply
06-02-2012, 03:48 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-03-2013, 10:51 PM by Crossroads.)
*** DOWNLOADS IN THIS POST ***
... And it is out! Helmet Wink

Here it is, enjoy!

... And never the one to procrastinate, as of now (6/4/2012) it comes with an updated Main Menu screen to show if the mod is activated or not.

The two flavours:

The LWM 1.1a Mod with standard User Interface (17.5MB)

[NOW OBSOLETE - LINK REMOVED]

[Image: MenuscrnEF2.jpg]

The LWM 1.1a Mod with PanzerBlitz User Interface (19.4MB)

[Image: MenuscrnPB.jpg]

The LWM1.1a Scenario pack (0.1MB)

JTCS Mod Pack (123MB)

And, if you've been following the installation instructions, you should now have the JSGME Mod Enabler utility at your JTCS root.

Here's a few more Mods for your enjoyment, packaged into one download in a manner they fit in into the same JSGME MODS folder with the two above mods:

PB Mod for EF (from User_Mods)
PL Mod for WF (from User_Mods)
Winter Alternative (from User_Mods)
Black F2 Info boxes for EF (from User_Mods)
Black F2 Info boxes for WF (from User_Mods)
RD_DD Sound Mod for EF
RD_DD Sound Mod for WF
Battle Kat Movie Themes Mod for EF
Battle Kat Movie Themes Mod for WF

[LINK REMOVED]

[Image: jsgme2.jpg]

It is a big one, with all the new audio files...
Visit us at CSLegion.com
06-02-2012, 03:09 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-02-2012, 03:10 PM by junk2drive.)
RE: Lapland War Mod Version 1.1a - Downloads, Credits, Instructions, Scenario Pack.
Deleted until I figure this out tomorrow.
06-02-2012, 06:28 PM,
RE: Lapland War Mod Version 1.1a - Downloads, Credits, Instructions, Scenario Pack.
Sure, any observations or questions just post them in the "Tech Support" thread and let us see what we can figure out all together?
Visit us at CSLegion.com
06-04-2012, 04:34 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-02-2012, 12:09 AM by Crossroads.)
[Obsolete as of now - content removed.]

Visit us at CSLegion.com
06-10-2012, 01:42 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-10-2012, 01:43 AM by Death~Dealer.)
RE: Lapland War Mod Version 1.1a - Downloads, Installation, Credits, New Scenarios, ...
Good stuff Petri-
06-19-2012, 02:32 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-26-2012, 11:21 PM by Crossroads.)
LWM 1.1a Patch 1
June 18: Otto von Blotto caught a bug in a form of missing Dornier Do-17 shadow bittype. Unfortunately, the missing files will cause the EF.exe to crash upon the appearance of a Do 17 air mission.

The missing files are attached below.

To install the batch:

If using JSGME:
- Disable the Lapland War 1.1 with JSGME
- Drop the contents of this zip (Sp05217.bit, Sp12517.bit) to \MODS\EF - LWM 1.1 Release Candidate A\East Front
- Enable the Lapland War 1.1 with JSGME, it now contains the missing files.

If using a separate directory for the mod
- Drop the contents of the zip to \East Front folder the Mod is located at.

NOTE: The LWM 1.1a downloads located at Dropbox now contain the two missing files. If downloading the complete LWM mod after June 18, this patch is not required.

Thank you for your continuous co-operation!
Salute

Attached Files
.zip   LWM1.1a Patch 1.zip (Size: 6.46 KB / Downloads: 12)
Visit us at CSLegion.com
06-30-2012, 04:27 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-03-2013, 10:52 PM by Crossroads.)
LWM 1.2 Now Out!
As mentioned in the teaser feature: https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=62167

LWM 1.2 available now!

[Image: MenuscrnPB12.jpg]

Installation exactly as described in the opening post. Just observe the following first:

Before installing LWM 1.2

If using JSGME:
- Disable the previous Lapland War Mod from East Front, if you had it installed.
- Then proceed as described in the opening post. JSGME will show a new Mod called: "EF - Lapland War Mod 1.2".
- Activate Lapland War Mod 1.2. That's it!
- You might want to free up disk space by deleting the old EF - LWM 1.1 Release Candidate A folder at /John Tiller Campaign Series/MODS/ folder

If previous LWM version in a separate copy of East Front folder:
- No action required, just drop the contents of the download to the same location, allowing files to be replaced.

A scenario being played with a previous version?
- No worries, you can install this regardless. This will not have an effect on any earlier games started before installation.

DOWNLOADS:

With Standard UI (27.3 MB):

[LINK REMOVED]

With PanzerBlitz UI (29.3 MB)

[LINK REMOVED]

These are complete installation packages, no earlier versions required.

--

Upon successful installation, the East Front Main Menu screen should have an additional graphical element: "With LWM 1.2"

--

Any bugs or issues, report them here: https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...#pid361791

KNOWN ANOMALIES WITH 1.2

- JTCS Unit Viewer continues to be unavailable for East Front when this mod enabled.
- The German alternative bitmaps with Desert, Winter camo etc are not automatically enabled. This is due to JTCS code that allows this functionality for vanilla Germany only (country code 01). I am in the process of selecting a certain camo pattern for Allied Germany units, until then we are stuck with plain unit bitmaps / camo patterns.

Salute
Visit us at CSLegion.com
07-04-2012, 03:08 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-04-2012, 05:19 AM by Crossroads.)
ARRGHH! Do-17 bug re-appears!
My apologies, LWM 1.2 has the same Dornier Do-17 bit type problem that LWM 1.1 had! :upset

(Actually, I thought I fixed it but I put the Do-17 files under wrong name there Crazy )

I have now fixed the downloads, but if you've download your version 1.2 before July 3 you need to apply the same LWM1.1 Patch 1 fix as with the previous version, otherwise EF.exe crashes upon the first Do-17 air mission.

With JSGME:

- deactivate LWM 1.2
- drop the contents of this zip (Sp05517.bit, Sp12517.bit) to \John Tiller Campaign Series\Mods\EF - Lapland War Mod 1.2\East Front -folder
- activate LWM 1.2, it now has the missing files in it

With a parallel EF folder:

- drop these two files to East Front folder where the Mod is located

If you are downloading this mod after July 3, the bug is fixed and this patch is not needed.

Sorry!

Attached Files
.zip   LWM1.1a Patch 1.zip (Size: 6.46 KB / Downloads: 9)
Visit us at CSLegion.com