• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Poll: Do you move immediately after watching the replay?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes; always.
15.15%
5 15.15%
Most of the time. On rare occassions I might plan before moving.
15.15%
5 15.15%
I plan about 50 percent of the time.
12.12%
4 12.12%
Rarely. I usually watch a different replay or do something else before returning to make my move.
3.03%
1 3.03%
Never. I always plan extensively after watching the replay before making my moves.
9.09%
3 9.09%
Doesn't apply to me - I don't watch the replay.
27.27%
9 27.27%
COMMENT QUESTIONS BELOW
0%
0 0%
Comment - I think taking time between watching the replay and making ones move should be frowned upon/is not sporting.
0%
0 0%
Comment - I think my success rates are the same, planning or not.
9.09%
3 9.09%
Comment - whether I plan or not is decided by the skill of my opponent; I plan when I'm losing or it's neck and neck.
9.09%
3 9.09%
Total 33 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Do you watch and then plan, or make your move immediately?
05-25-2012, 03:41 AM,
RE: Do you watch and then plan, or make your move immediately?
(05-24-2012, 05:19 AM)Battle Kat Wrote: No. There is a save counter, that is all. And the save counter can only count to two.

Oh my. Thanks for the answer.
Quote this message in a reply
05-25-2012, 04:55 AM,
(05-25-2012, 03:41 AM)kineas Wrote:
(05-24-2012, 05:19 AM)Battle Kat Wrote: No. There is a save counter, that is all. And the save counter can only count to two.

Oh my. Thanks for the answer.

To be spesific, there's a pop-up when you open the file saying Number of saves exceed two, or something to that effect. I pay it no attention.

Visit us at CSLegion.com
05-25-2012, 10:52 AM,
I skip the replay quite often on arty-heavy games, too stinking long to watch all that!! I would really like to see a fast-arty button or something!!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
05-25-2012, 03:05 PM,
A zoomed-out 2d view and keeping the 'Enter' key down is the quickest way to be done with arty replay. You can then switch back to e.g. zoomed-in 3d view for details with unit actions.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
05-25-2012, 05:36 PM,
Wow; I'm surprised there are so many folks who "never" watch the replay. I always watch myself. Interesting.

(05-25-2012, 10:52 AM)Warhorse Wrote: I skip the replay quite often on arty-heavy games, too stinking long to watch all that!! I would really like to see a fast-arty button or something!!

You can switch on "fast computer player" and "fast human player" in the options or whatever and it makes artillery go really fast. You can then load up the "enter" button with key strokes and blaze through an massive barrage in 20 seconds or so but still have an idea of what hit where and what kinds of damage were done. Sometimes seeing where he's plotting heavily can give an idea as to enemy intentions, at least for me.

LR
If you run, you'll only die tired.

One hand on the wheel, and one in the flame,
One foot on the gas, and one in the grave.
05-25-2012, 07:32 PM,
Thanks for the tips Larry and Petri, pretty new to the whole PBEM thing, will try these out!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
05-25-2012, 09:01 PM,
I finally voted Never. I always plan extensively after watching the replay before making my moves.

While I typically make my grand strategy before starting a game, I do (almost) always watch the replay, and I do play attention to what and in which sequence my units are doing. Extensively is a bit grand word for it, but out of the choices available it is the closest one that fits my style.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
05-26-2012, 09:01 AM,
I usually watch the replay.......most always watch the replay.......however with scenarios that include every little mortar section and infantry gun(most of von Niemack's)..........I can't stand to watch the replay........which is why I avoid those scenarios to the best of my ability......unless my opponents or team mates insist on playing them........hey Ed :-)

Campaigns never allow for watching the replay...makes for more white knuckle moments :-)

VE
"The secret to success is not just doing the things you enjoy but rather enjoying everything that you do."
05-26-2012, 12:53 PM,
Thanks all for the responses. Interesting information. And personally, the formulation I've always used is "the first casualty of any battle is the plan." So, I think it's a given that most players will have their grand strategy in the their minds when they start, and the watching of the replay gives information for further tactical and operational (limited at this game level) modifications during actual play. However, I will say, even the best laid strategies will need to be open to heavy modification or even possible abandonment based on enemy actions. I like to design and play very large scenarios (on reason my game count is so low) and in these especially, one must be flexible to survive. Over adherence to a plan can be as bad as no plan at all.

But I ramble...

LR
If you run, you'll only die tired.

One hand on the wheel, and one in the flame,
One foot on the gas, and one in the grave.
05-26-2012, 11:23 PM,
(05-26-2012, 09:01 AM)Von Earlmann Wrote: I usually watch the replay.......most always watch the replay.......however with scenarios that include every little mortar section and infantry gun(most of von Niemack's)..........I can't stand to watch the replay........which is why I avoid those scenarios to the best of my ability......unless my opponents or team mates insist on playing them........hey Ed :-)

Campaigns never allow for watching the replay...makes for more white knuckle moments :-)

VE

LOL! Those 82 mm mortars shoot better than Italian and/or Russian infantry? Up close they are three or more times better. BassWhip

I may agree on the Russian 50 mm mortar. But, even they can put on a hurt at close range. Mortar

Buds

HSL