• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Poll: Do you move immediately after watching the replay?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes; always.
15.15%
5 15.15%
Most of the time. On rare occassions I might plan before moving.
15.15%
5 15.15%
I plan about 50 percent of the time.
12.12%
4 12.12%
Rarely. I usually watch a different replay or do something else before returning to make my move.
3.03%
1 3.03%
Never. I always plan extensively after watching the replay before making my moves.
9.09%
3 9.09%
Doesn't apply to me - I don't watch the replay.
27.27%
9 27.27%
COMMENT QUESTIONS BELOW
0%
0 0%
Comment - I think taking time between watching the replay and making ones move should be frowned upon/is not sporting.
0%
0 0%
Comment - I think my success rates are the same, planning or not.
9.09%
3 9.09%
Comment - whether I plan or not is decided by the skill of my opponent; I plan when I'm losing or it's neck and neck.
9.09%
3 9.09%
Total 33 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Do you watch and then plan, or make your move immediately?
05-23-2012, 08:18 PM,
Do you watch and then plan, or make your move immediately?
Please indicate whether you always, sometimes, or never, watch the replay and then move immediately. Some players will watch the replay, then think for a variable amount of time before making their moves. Are you a planner, or do you fly by the seat of your pants?
If you run, you'll only die tired.

One hand on the wheel, and one in the flame,
One foot on the gas, and one in the grave.
Quote this message in a reply
05-23-2012, 10:18 PM,
RE: Do you watch and then plan, or make your move immediately?
I ususally plan before I start the scenario, adjusting as little as possible in response to my opponent's moves. If your opponent is making you change your plan you have already lost half the battle.

Huib
05-24-2012, 12:41 AM,
(05-23-2012, 10:18 PM)Huib Versloot Wrote: I ususally plan before I start the scenario, adjusting as little as possible in response to my opponent's moves. If your opponent is making you change your plan you have already lost half the battle.

+1

Jason Petho

Send this user an email
05-24-2012, 04:09 AM,
(05-23-2012, 10:18 PM)Huib Versloot Wrote: I ususally plan before I start the scenario, adjusting as little as possible in response to my opponent's moves. If your opponent is making you change your plan you have already lost half the battle.

Huib

+1.5

No plan survives first contact. GP

cheers

HSL
05-24-2012, 05:06 AM,
I thought if I didn't plot immediately after the replay (but re-load it some time later) that would increment the possible_cheater_found counter somewhere.
05-24-2012, 05:19 AM,
No. There is a save counter, that is all. And the save counter can only count to two.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
05-24-2012, 10:37 PM,
In the past I used to watch a replay of my opponents move and then take some time before repsonding but was accused of dishonest play so now I complete my turn without stopping play by saving and returning later. Where do members stand with this type of play. I am referring to watching an opponents turn, saving it and returning later to complete.
Gil (Oberst)
05-24-2012, 11:27 PM,
Ahh... The famous save-counter discussion Helmet Smile

For the record I am perfectly ok with people saving their games, going off to do something else, then returning. And for the record, I always save after having watched the replay, even if I have time to complete the session in one go.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
05-24-2012, 11:32 PM,
(05-24-2012, 10:37 PM)Oberst Wrote: In the past I used to watch a replay of my opponents move and then take some time before repsonding but was accused of dishonest play so now I complete my turn without stopping play by saving and returning later. Where do members stand with this type of play. I am referring to watching an opponents turn, saving it and returning later to complete.
Gil (Oberst)

Never heard of such a thing. What's wrong with that? It's your turn. Watch the replay and think all you want, as far as I'm concerned.

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
05-25-2012, 03:27 AM,
(05-24-2012, 11:32 PM)Scud Wrote:
(05-24-2012, 10:37 PM)Oberst Wrote: In the past I used to watch a replay of my opponents move and then take some time before repsonding but was accused of dishonest play so now I complete my turn without stopping play by saving and returning later. Where do members stand with this type of play. I am referring to watching an opponents turn, saving it and returning later to complete.
Gil (Oberst)

Never heard of such a thing. What's wrong with that? It's your turn. Watch the replay and think all you want, as far as I'm concerned.

Dave

+1

cheers

HSL