• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Question about the M7B1(Priest)
05-10-2012, 12:45 AM,
Question about the M7B1(Priest)
I am not too familiar with WWII equipment and I have a Priest in my current battle. I have two questions and maybe the experts can answer them.

What is that second tube above the gun? I tried searching on the net but found no info. And how should one use this asset in the game? Is it only against infantry and light vehicles?

Thanks in advance,
zufzuf
Quote this message in a reply
05-10-2012, 02:22 AM,
RE: Question about the M7B1(Priest)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M7_Priest

Hope this helps !
Antoni ChmielowskigGames Played : WiTP-AE, TOAW3,Gary Grigsbys War in The East/ War In The West
05-10-2012, 02:26 AM,
Thanks! I took a quick glance on this article before posting my question but didn't really found the answers so that's why I posted. Maybe the glance was too quick...
05-10-2012, 03:25 AM,
I'm not sure what the tube above the gun is.What i can tell you is the Priest comes with a 105mm howitzer and a MG. Use it against infantry.It should do a good job against entrenched infantry,bunkers,houses. Run like hell if you see enemy tanks-even light ones-as,most likely,you won't win the duel with a priest.
Send this user an email
05-10-2012, 06:05 AM,
Thanks for the info Raz! One question is answered then, and the tube-thing remains a mystery...
05-13-2012, 04:14 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-13-2012, 04:23 PM by SG1.)
I think the tube-thing is the recoil cylinder of the M101 howitzer, see the picture here : http://visual.merriam-webster.com/societ...witzer.php
Such recoil cylinders are found on quite a lot of modern howitzers (XXth cent.) You may have one (above or below the barrel) or two (on each side of the barrel).
05-14-2012, 05:47 AM,
Yes, that seems to be it. The mystery is solved thanks to you Guilleaume. :)