• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Anyone know what SB games are in the works?
03-16-2012, 04:24 AM,
RE: Anyone know what SB games are in the works?
I'd like to see WWI SB. But a SB Mediterranean would be cool...North Africa, Sicily, Italy, Greece, Crete....

The late 19th and early 20th could be done probably with some modifications to the game system...there is already the one PW campaign for Jap Horse soldiers...a somewhat different and unique SB experience...IMHO
Quote this message in a reply
03-19-2012, 02:23 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-19-2012, 02:24 PM by Beerweasel.)
Thinking outside of the box, as usual, what about some western scenarios (1870-1900) based on historical events.
(03-19-2012, 02:23 PM)Beerweasel Wrote: Thinking outside of the box, as usual, what about some western scenarios (1870-1900) based on historical events.

Sorry, I meant the American Old West.
03-20-2012, 01:02 PM,
If I remember correctly, John Tiller suggested that the American West was a subject that would not be the topic of an official Squad Battles title and consequently was fair game for a mod. My family is planning a trip to Glacier National Park this coming summer and I am thinking about dragging them to Little Big Horn National Battlefield. I have a project I am working on now, but I would like to try and put together a mod covering the 1876 Campaign when I have the time. I don't have much experience with graphics, so it may be a bit of a challenge.

Jeff
03-20-2012, 01:21 PM,
(03-20-2012, 01:02 PM)Jeff Conner Wrote: If I remember correctly, John Tiller suggested that the American West was a subject that would not be the topic of an official Squad Battles title and consequently was fair game for a mod. My family is planning a trip to Glacier National Park this coming summer and I am thinking about dragging them to Little Big Horn National Battlefield. I have a project I am working on now, but I would like to try and put together a mod covering the 1876 Campaign when I have the time. I don't have much experience with graphics, so it may be a bit of a challenge.

Jeff

My family and I did the Glacier Park, Little Big Horn trip last summer. I understand Little Big Horn so much better after visiting the park. I never really understood how Custer ended up the way he did until I saw the battlefield. Watch out for rattlesnakes at Little Big Horn, especially early in the day.

EAW would be a good engine for the Indian wars.

03-20-2012, 09:14 PM,
(03-20-2012, 01:21 PM)tallin Wrote: Watch out for rattlesnakes at Little Big Horn, especially early in the day.

Sounds like it must have been an interesting visit... ;) I guess it's lucky for me the one time I was there it was later in the afternoon.

One thing I got taught here ... make lots of noise... have a walking stick and pound it in the gound as you walk - most snakes here tend to want to get out of your way if they can at all help it. No idea if it works with rattlesnakes though.

Bydand
Send this user an email
03-20-2012, 09:23 PM,
Anything else than WWII would be fine. American West, Boer War...
03-25-2012, 12:49 PM,
How about a scenario building SQB Wargame Construction, were the user can make and re-create any tactical/squad size WWII battle? Battlefront did it in 3D, why can't HPS do it in our venerable 2D hexes...we can dream...
'Pedites Pugnas Decernent'
03-27-2012, 11:05 AM,
(03-25-2012, 12:49 PM)grofaz Wrote: How about a scenario building SQB Wargame Construction, were the user can make and re-create any tactical/squad size WWII battle? Battlefront did it in 3D, why can't HPS do it in our venerable 2D hexes...we can dream...

Aside from a true map editor, a SB player already has the tools to do quite a bit of scenario building with the editors at hand. Most of the third party scenarios over on TFE4 were constructed from maps included in the stock versions of the games.

The map editor debate is a long and storied one on a variety of forums over the years. Let's just say that it's something that will probably never happen...

Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4